Chapter: 40

(Backstory: Terrance shows up one morning inside her home. They only thing she can think of is keeping Kamran safe and away from him. He grabs Kam from her hitting her with his gun and locks Kam in the closet. He then picks up an unconscious Tracee and leaves her house.)

(Start scene: It been a few days since Terrance showed up and caused hell. She was finally back home, after Malcolm got a cleaning crew over to straighten things up. Kamran has been glued to her mothers side since she left the hospital. She was relaxing downstairs on the sofa with Kam snuggled against her.)

Tracee: Malcolm you don't have to do all of this!

Malcolm: Just let me do this.

Tracee: I'm fine, he's gone so now I can move on. I don't want this to hold me back or stop me from living.

Malcolm: That day scared the heck out of me.

Tracee: Nice save!

Malcolm: She just repeats everything.

Tracee: You do know you don't have to stay here tonight.

Malcolm: Your putting me out?

Tracee: Yes I am! I appreciate everything you have done these last two days, but it's time everyone gets on with their life.

Malcolm: Fine, if you want me gone I'm leaving.

Kamran: Daddy stay?

Malcolm: I can't, I out stayed my welcome.

(Tracee gives him a look and shake her head. After he puts Kam down for the night, he grabs his carryon and heads home. Tracee thanks him again before she goes upstairs and runs a bath and relax. The past couple days has really showed her how short life really is, and she just wanted to live.)

(Three years has passed and Kam has forgotten all about the incident. She was a smart, talkative, loving little five year old. Malcolm has been casually dating but nothing serious. Tracee has been working and helping her dad take care of her sick mother.)

(A year ago her mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and it's been a fighting battle. It's been very hard for her seeing her mother in that state. She was over visiting her parents on a Saturday after getting a call from her mother. She was in the kitchen making a fruit dish when he dad came down helping her mom.)

Tracee: (looks up) Hey dad you need help?

Kenny: No, I have it.

(She watches as her dad guide her mom to the sofa and slowly lower her down. She sinks into the sofa with a sigh as she catch her breath.)

Tracee: Mom I could have came to you, so you don't have to do all that moving.

Sherry: I'm fine, besides being in that room any longer I was going to go crazy.

Tracee: Well I'm glad your feeling better today.

Sherry: How's my girl?

Tracee: I'm fine mom!

Sherry: Not you, I'm talking about my Kammie.

Tracee: (makes a face) Wow, now my feelings are hurt. Kam is doing great, she loves school and she also have three new best friends.

Sherry: You need to bring her so I can see her.

Tracee: I will bring her tomorrow.

Sherry: Good, now how are you?

Tracee: Good, working and working.

Sherry: So still no man in your life.

Tracee: I don't need a man mom, I'm fine and haven't been this free.