Chapter: 49

(Backstory: Tracee has been staying with Malcolm until she is released off bedrest. It hasn't been easy but he has made her stay comfortable and safe. After her appointment she gets the all clear and she's so happy about that. On her last night at his place she decides to cook to celebrate. Unknown to her, his mother stops by and invites herself for dinner.)

(Start scene: Tracee is upstairs and Malcom becomes concerned because she's been gone awhile. He helps Kam with her last question, when his mom walks over.)

Pat: I didn't mean to upset her, I was just trying to talk to her.

Malcolm: I know mom, it's been rough for her and she's having a hard time getting pass things.

Pat: I don't hate her, I just...

Malcolm: I'll go check on her.

(He walks towards the stairs and head to his room. He goes up to the bathroom door and knocks on it.)

Malcolm: Can I come in?

Tracee: How you knew where I was?

(He can tell she's been crying.)

Malcolm: Open the door!

(She unlocks it and opens it as her eyes meets his. Her eyes are red and her cheeks and nose are red.)

Tracee: I'm sorry!

Malcolm: Hey, hey it's ok!

Tracee: (crying) I don't know what's wrong with me, she said baby shower and it brought back memories with my mom.

Malcolm: Come here!

(He pulled her in his arms and wraps her up in a tight hug. She buried her face in his chest and just let it all out. She grips his shirt and he rubs her back as he comfort her.)

(After she calms down she pulls back and wipes her eyes and nose. He places his hands on her face, lifting her head.)

Tracee: I ruined your shirt.

Malcolm: It's ok, it's just a little mucus.

Tracee: (chuckle) That's disgusting!

Malcolm: Hey your ok?

Tracee: A little, I just miss her so much. She's who I would talk to when I'm feeling like this and now she's not here.

Malcolm: I'm always here if you need to talk.

Tracee: (smirk) Thanks!

Malcolm: You want to go back down?

Tracee: Yeah, I have to finish dinner.

Malcolm: I promise I didn't know my mom was coming over.

Tracee: It's ok, she's your mother.

Malcolm: I don't want you to feel uncomfortable.

Tracee: I'm fine!

Malcolm: Ok!

(He takes her hand and they walk back downstairs. As they was coming down Pat watches them and their hands. Tracee goes back into the kitchen to finish dinner.)

(Dinner is done and everyone is sitting around eating. Pat looks around the table at everyone and then back at Tracee. She doesn't look up because she can feel someone staring. Malcolm kicks her under the table and she kicks him back.)

Malcolm: Owwww! I barely touched you.

Tracee: It's not nice to kick the mother of your children.

Malcolm: I'm just trying to lighten the mood.