9.

tw⚠️ suicide attempt

The next day at school Will was talking to Mike at the side of the building. "So your gonna bully us today right?" Mike asked, Will nodded and adjusted his backpack. "Hey, you want a grape?" Will questioned. "Sure but where would you get a- oh." Mike started, Will took a bowl out of his backpack and it was filled with grapes. "It's sort of a problem. More like an obsession." Will explained, Mike nodded and took two.

Will went in first and went to find his friends. Mike went to the party and opened his locker. "Hi sucker." Dustin said. "Hi Dustin." Mike greeted. Max what headphones in but she was gonna take them off when Will came over.

Eventually Will did come over and he leaned on a locker next to the party's "Okay let's get this over with. Toothless, redhead, wannabe basketball player, forever virgin and frogface." Will started. "What? You gonna say the things your normally say? Because i'm honestly tired." Max started. "Then go to sleep." Will replied.

"You know what? You really are annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if you disappeared, your father doesn't even like you and it shows." Max started before Will cut her off. "Oh it's nice of you to assume I haven't disappeared before. But anyways I'll see you maybe later, hopefully not." Will said, before he turned around he looked at Mike and made a 'you owe me' face.

He walked away and went to class. Mike put his hands up and went to class.

-

"Okay children now that you all are finally done with your boards, come present them." The teacher said. "Starting with Mike and Will!" The teacher exclaimed. The two got up and grabbed the poster. "This is a poster." Will said blankly. "Of stuff we like. Are we done now?" Mike asked. "I guess." The teacher replied.

Mike and Will looked at each other and laughed then sat down. Max looked at Mike, obviously confused. "Okay Max and Sheila." The teacher said. The two went up and started to explain the poster.

-

After class Max flooded Mikes brain with questions. "Max chill out! It was just laughing!" Mike exclaimed. "Dude what is up with you two!" Lucas asked. "Max won't stop asking me about Will." Mike answered and opened his locker. "Oh my gosh both of you let it go." El said. "I already have!" Mike replied. Max sighed and walked away.

"Why do you guys always fight over the smallest things?" Dustin asked. Mike shrugged and grabbed some books. "Troy please! Shut up!" Will groaned. "Watermelon sugar!" Troy sang. "High!" Riley finished. "Oh my gosh I hate you both." Will said walking to his locker. The two boys behind Will continued to annoy Will. "Oh my gosh. Stop it!" Will tried, the two shook their heads and continued. Will walked away and they stopped singing and started laughing.

-

After school Mike and Will were at the back of the school talking about random things. "Listen that will forever be a good song." Mike said, "Agreed." Will said, "Who can not like the muffin song?" Mike asked, Will shrugged in response. "Holy shit I have to go home." Will said and picked his bag up. "Okay, see you tomorrow." Mike said. "See you." Will said, he gave Mike a smile before walking away.

Mike smiled to himself and walked home he knew Will liked to text him after he got home, Mike was already walking home.

-

After Will got home he went to his room and sat on the chair in his room. He sat in thinking about what happened today.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you disappeared. your father doesn't even like you and it shows."

Was all that echoed in his mind. Will sighed because she was right. His father didn't like him, and no one would care if he disappeared. He went to the kitchen and back to his room. He dug through a drawer and picked up a bottle.

-

Mike sat in his room waiting for a text because he knew Will was already home, he just decided to text first.

...

hey byers

will

willl

WiLl

hello?

BYERSSS?

you good?

omfg

hello?

will?

william

byers

ndjjdjd

helloooo

gah hello?

BYERS

omg

are you okay?

like seriously

it's been 10 minutes

well uh you okay?

you alive?

OMG

i'm just gonna go to your window✌🏻

...

Mike went to the Byers house and went to Wills window. He looked horrified when he saw a passed out Will with blood on his hand. He opened the window and went inside. "Holy shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit." Mike cursed under his breath. He panicked a bit and decided to call the cops or a hospital.

-

Will was put into the back of an ambulance truck and Mike watched them drive away. "Kid do you know how this happened?" The chief police asked. Mike shook his head unable to speak at the moment. Hopper sighed and walked to his truck. Mike ran his hands through his hair and decided to go to the hospital they took Will to.

-

He waited there for hours, Wills family was informed and they came as fast as they could, Will's dad didn't show but they couldn't care less. It's been about 6 hours and they were still waiting. "Family of Will byers?" They all looked up at the doctor, "Will is awake and I figured you guys would like to see him. Only up to two people are allowed in the room." The doctor informed them.

"Mike you should go in first, I think he would like to see you." Joyce suggested. "Thanks." Mike said, his voice barely over a whisper. The do get told him where the room was and he went there instantly. He opened the door and saw Will looked at the ceiling on the hospital bed. He looked over and saw Mike standing at the door. He smiled at him, Mike sat down on the chair next to the bed.

"Hi Mike." Will said a little bit happy. "Hi byers." Mike said. "Why am I here?" Will asked. "I called the uh- the um. the hospital, yea the hospital." Mike responded, he was about to say something else but didn't. "Why?" Will questioned. "You we're almost dead." Mike answered. "Why didn't you let me die?" Will asked. "Because your my friend, I'd never let you die. And I would also miss you a lot. And your mom and brother would miss you." Mike explained.

Will smiled, "So what your saying is, you couldn't live without me?" Will inquired. "Yeah I guess." Mike replied. Will quietly laughed, he reached his non stitched hand out and let Mike hold onto it. "You Michael Wheeler, are stupid. But your a very cute stupid." Will giggled. Mike smiled at him.

- When Mike left the room he sat down next to the Byers. "Will needed 7 stitches on his hand and 11 on his arm. We also had to take the pills out of him." the doctor told them.

to be continued...
i enjoy making ppl cry but i cried myself bc this took way too long