25.

"Hello?" Mike started. He heard crying over the phone, "Hey, it's Joyce. Could you come to the hospital? It's about Will." Joyce spoke in a shaky voice. Mikes eyes widened, "Yeah of course I'll be there in a bit." Mike said trying to sound calm, but really he was freaking out.

He hung up and went to the door, he put o n his shoes and grabbed his keys then left the house. He didn't know what happened to Will but if he was in the hospital he knew it wasn't good.

-

He walked over to Joyce and Jonathan, they were both crying. "What's.. what's wrong?" Mike asked, Joyce looked up at him. "It's Will. He uhm. He's in a coma." Joyce stuttered on her words a bit. Mikes heart dropped. "What.?" Mike spoke not wanting to believe it. He hoped it was a joke. "Something happened to him at the house, I didn't know what to do but call here." Joyce started. Mike felt his eyes burning, his eyes were already glossy from the first thing she said.

"Did they say how long he would be in a coma for?" Mike asked, his voice was shaken. Joyce shook her head, Mike felt the tears drop. He sat next to Joyce and put his head in his hands. He knew it was his fault, he should have went with Will. He should've been there to protect him.

"Byers family?" A doctor called, all three of them looked up at the doctor. "You're allowed to see him. His room is 319." The doctor spoke. Joyce grabbed Mikes arm and dragged him onto his feet before the doctor said he couldn't go in. The three went over to his room and opened the door. They saw Will, he just lied there.

Mike wanted to cry even more. Will had a cast on his right arm too. His boyfriend couldn't talk, see, and he probably couldn't hear anything. Mike just felt guilty looking at Will. None of them would be here right now if he just went with him.

Jonathan sat on the chair next to the hospital bed. "Hey buddy, you probably can't hear this but, I love you. I really do... I remember when we stayed outside in the woods for hours to make Castle Byers. It started raining and we both got sick but it looked amazing. And when I let you listen to an old 80s song with me. And your drawings... I bet they're much more fun to do then football, baseball or whatever that shit was." Jonathan chuckled a bit. Mike slightly smiled. Will and Jonathan were so nice to each other. Unlike him and Nancy.

Jonathan said some more stuff then let Joyce talk to him. "Hey honey, I'm so sorry your stuck like this right now and I wish I could do something about it, but at least you don't have to go to school. I remember when you drew this big rainbow ship, I hung it up at my job and told everyone that came in, "my son made that." They all liked that drawing." Joyce continued telling him memories.

Soon after it was Mikes turn and the two left Mike alone to give him privacy. Mike sat down on the chair and scooter it closer to the bed. He took Wills left hand and held it for a bit. "Hey my love, i'm sorry that you're in here. You shouldn't be in here." Mike started, he was about to continue until he felt a squeeze on his hand. He looked at his hand and saw Wills hand squeezing Mikes. He looked up at Will,

"Can you hear me?" Mike asked, Mike got another squeeze in response. Mike smiled a bit. "If you can, one for no two for yes." Mike spoke. He got two squeezes. Mike had a full smile on his face, he decided to continue with what he was saying. "I'm sorry, for letting you go alone. I should've went with you and it's my fault you're in here-" Mike was interrupted by a squeeze. "What?" Mike started. Will squeezed his hand again. Mike knew he was telling him no but he didn't know why.

Mike finally picked up on what Will was trying to tell him. It wasn't his fault. "Sorry. I want you to know that I love you, a lot. You're one of my favorite people ever. And I promise, every day after school I'll come here to talk to you, first thing. And on Weekends I'll stay here, unless they kick me out." Mike chuckled. "How does that sound?" Mike asked. He got two hand squeezes and Mike smiled.

Mike talked to him for about ten minutes before he left. He gave Will a small kiss on the cheek before he left.

-

Mike went home and took a shower. He was happy when he was kinda talking to Will, but in reality he was scared. What if he died? He get in his bed and turnt the light off. He didn't go to sleep, instead he just lied there and cried. He was scared for Will, and Wills family. Lonnie, fuck no. But Joyce and Jonathan? Yes, they both love him more then anything. Mike did too.

He knew he wasn't going to sleep any time soon. He got up and grabbed some headphones and turned music on. He grabbed Wills yellow notebook and flipped through the pages. Each one was filled with amazing drawing and Mike admired every single one of them.

He smiled at a lot of them. When he got to the last page he grabbed his phon and started looking through pictures of him and Will. There were lots, lots meaning 937. Mike wanted to cry again, if he lost Will then what would he do? He most certainly wasn't getting together with anyone else that's all he knew.

He clicked on every single picture, he clicked on the one Will sent to him. It was him doing Mikes hair. Mike smiled at the photo and put the phone down. Tomorrow was gonna be a horrible day without Will.

to be continued...
HI DONT HAGE ME YOU GREMLINS.