Turntables

Tracey is a tender engine. She is bigger than Josh and Jojo and she is a main freight engine on the railway. One day, she sulked in her own importance. "Oh I should love to go flying down the line with the express, I'm the main freight engine, and you would think I would be stronger than Jojo." She said to her driver. "Oh come on now, we've got an express goods to take." "We've got to get some water, refill on coal, and turn 'round." Said the fireman. So they did, but Tracey didn't make it easy. She tried pinning her brakes, "Quit that!" Her driver yelled and she did. Then she overshot the water tower. "Oof! Quit that!" Said the fireman as he fell backwards. And she tried to move before the coal hopper could give her some coal. "Quit that!" Yelled her crew. "Fine." She said, and she stopped before the turntable waiting for it to turn around. The crew began to line up the turntable with the track. It had jammed in one direction, so they had to turn it the other way around.

It happened when the turntable was only halfway around. Tracey's wheels began to turn with an ominous rumbling sound. "D-driver?" She asked frantically as she rolled down the gradient to the turntable. "Driver! Fireman!" She yelled as she rolled along the line into the turntable. "Jack! Go stop her!" Yelled the driver as he tried to turn the crank faster. "Oh, right!" But it was too late. As he turned around, Tracey's wheels left the rails as she plunged into the turntable well. She yelped as her crew ran over. "Tracey, are you alright?" Asked Fergus. "No! I'm not alright driver! I'm stuck in the turntable!" And indeed she was.

"David! David! Get the crew!" Yelled Fergus as he ran into the yard manager's office. "Huh? What happened?" Asked David, he then looked at the steaming wreck of Tracey, being comforted by Jack. "FERGUS?! What did you do?!?" David yelled in his welsh accent. "Why is Tracey in the well?! What are we going to do?!" He looked scared and his voice trembled as he began to reach for the phone. "The crew are coming, they'll be here in a few minutes." He said after a five minute phone call. "Start praying Fergus, because you're gonna need God to help you with this one."

"Pooooep pop peeeoooep!" Whistled an engine in the distance. Eddy thundered down the line with the crew. "Sorry there's no crane, someone else needs it more than you right now Tracey. "What?! How are you going to get me out?!" She asked worried, wondering how long it would be until she would be taken into the rails again. "No worries, driver, the winch!" Yelled Eddy to the crew. His driver ran to the scene, hooking a small, thin cable to Tracey. "That's your plan? The thing is pitiful!" She giggled as she stared at the cable. "Wait and see," said Eddy's driver. "Now!" He yelled as Eddy weashed and pulled. Tracey began to roll onto the line. "What?! How are you going this?" She asked as she watched herself being pulled onto the line. Eddy got her back on the line before he answered, "Amazing, I know, it's steel." He began to puff away, and Tracey set off for her work waiting at the station.