23

Don't get too close it will turn you into apoetry

turn you into a
poetry.

The door opens and the first person whom I least expected happens to be Shivam

The door opens and the first person whom I least expected happens to be Shivam. As Shivam happens to be the most laziest person in our house. I launch myself on him, taking him in bear hug. But his hands never settles on me. My spontaneous action must has suprised him. I preferred to assume.

Slowly I break the hug, ruffling his hairs. However, he stays too motionless to move, staring unblinkingly at me, not even the frustrated look when ever I mess with his perfectly styled mob of hairs.

Hearing the chaos, Mom comes with scrunched eyebrows. And as soon as she sees me the unpleasant look is interchange with a content face, with glistening eyes. Her lips parted, with eyes widening.

She takes me in her arms, and I curl myself  in her warmth. Dad to comes and has the same expression. He hugs me, simultaneously kissing my forehead.

"How're you? You started your intership then how're you here." Dad counters.

"Yeah, how come you're here." This time Shivam probes after staring at us blankly.

Something seems unusual in his tone. As if, a tone of taunting. I wipe it of, a hormonal teenage.

"They've some festival. So they gave us someday off." I say nonchalantly.

I internally hiss at my own lie. The courtesy of me to lie so openly infront of my parents. Although, I'm expert in that field.

Mom ushers us inside. I launch myself on the couch and Shivam strolls my suitcase inside. Yeah, even with continuous denial I had to carry one so not to let them have a doubt. Not even a second, and mom and dad probed with question, as if engaged in rapid fire.

Though I choose to remain silent and sometimes cleverly changing the topic. Today or tomorrow I have to tell them the truth, which is their right. Truth that their daughter has married. Not by her choice but they didn't have to know it. However, the time to say this is not correct. And I think the future would also be not.