27

~I wish you never hear the words I hear~

I untie my shoes, letting my sore feets relax freely on the cold marble

I untie my shoes, letting my sore feets relax freely on the cold marble. Slouching on the couch, I spread myself like a lazy cat.

"Mom, I'm home." I call out, loudly.

She doesn't reply. "Mom! I am famished!"

She blubber something from the kitchen, which goes deaf till it reaches me. Not getting my reply, she comes out, with a spatula in her hands, squinting her eyes on me.

What does that means? Oh, probably the fact that I didn't informed her before going out.

"You've been out since six, without having your breakfast. And now you dare to shout saying you're hungry." She demanded.

I stare at her, to be precise I note the way she scolded me. Just like every mother does. Her words justifying her anger but her eyes glistening with care.

"Sorry Mom. I's in hurry. You know the annual program is round the corners. So Guru Maa is taking extra classes." I say.

She pins me with a glare, then going back towards the kitchen, while muttering incoherent words.

I run my hands over my face, in the hope of taking away my exhaustion.

After few minutes, Mom comes back with lentil curry and rice, followed by fried fish. I smile at her gratefully, enough to soften her face.

Isn't it familiar with Parvati's eyes. The same way she looks at Reyansh. Added with lounging. Like he is so close to her, yet so far. Her hands move forward to touch his cheeks, to kiss his forehead, to pat his shoulder to calm him down, but something evokes a stinging ache in her, making her retreat her hands. How painful must it be for a mother when the distance between her and her child, seems to be never-ending, unrecoverable.

Then, the thought crosses me that what must has gone wrong between them, that she helds herself back, even if it meant to mending their relationship

Can a mother and its child relationship be that fragile?