37

*No proofread.*

Guys can I get 5 more follows for getting a 100 followers.

Nowadays, everything backfires me.

I lean back, resting my head on the headboard

I lean back, resting my head on the headboard. The morning dappled ray, came from the window, spreads in the room, like the morning dew on the grasses.

I trace my finger on the creased bedsheet, aimlessly drawing patterns on it. The presence of the Reyansh last night, blow out naturally from the crumpled fabric. But his absence the early morning spreads a deep ache of voidness in my heart.

I thought, he'll stay. He would after sharing an intimate story of his own. I understood the twelve years old was Reyansh. The story was of his own, but the plot line did it matched his fate. The abhorrent pain in his voice, felt so fresh, so deeply graved in his heart. The trauma of childhood hidden behind the veil of his adult appearance.

In the story, the boy became a robber but in real what did he became?

The more I get to know him, the less he becomes a villain in my eyes, the more layers of secrets he wraps himself with, that's when I most I carve for him.

I look down, gulping the almost cold coffee. The usual silent living room has turned into a bazaar. Badi Dadi sat in the adjacent sofa, her scrutinizing eyes peaked through her rimmed spectacle, observing each basket packed with goodies, each to be given to Vedika's in-law.

I don't know but this preparation is twitching my eyes. Every other second I'm finding myself twisting my lips. Seeing Vedika's and Kritika's excitements, and that six-years toddlers continuous blabbering of how he is going to enjoy, is punching me to guts.

Gosh, I'm sounding worse than Varun.

"We're going after so long." Kritika gushes.

"Yeah! The last time we went was for bhai's coronation."

Coronation? My brows furrow, hearing Vedika. My eyes jump from the decorated baskets, to the duo, who looks like a deer caught in headlights.

I squint my eyes at them, seeing their appalled faces.