49

Watch my darkness

Watch my darkness

"Who dares to bow your head?" I fix my gaze upon the man, his towering figure now seemingly diminished, shoulders slouched, head reluctantly bowed, eyes pinned to the ground

"Who dares to bow your head?" I fix my gaze upon the man, his towering figure now seemingly diminished, shoulders slouched, head reluctantly bowed, eyes pinned to the ground. Rishabh's clenched fists betraying his agitation, trembling in the face of my authority.

His eyes lift, fury evident within them.

I casually extend my leg, resting my ankle on the knee of another, exuding dominance from the back seat of the throne.

"Who has the power and strength." I murmur, leaning further back.

"You possess it now, but in six months, it'll be mine," Rishabh jests, a note of confidence in his tone.

"That's where you're wrong, Malhotra. Your very birth was a mistake, but as a gesture of sympathy, I may offer my advice." I rise, hand in pocket, ascending the stairs deliberately. I draw closer, standing shoulder to shoulder with him.

"Power comes within self. It can't be claimed, hold, lest snatched. It's an art. With or without throne, I still hold the neck. Either to bend or to snap."A veil of uncertainty clouds his eyes. Actions speak louder than words, after all.

"Raise your heads," I command, authoritatively. Every bowed head rises.

I turn to face Rishabh. "Learn to fear me. Power or not, I harbor demons within. My reputation as an evil is no secret." I raise my palm, and he blinks in surprise. A smile curves on my lips as my hand brushes his expensive coat.

"But if you ever find life boring and want adventure, I'll be waiting on the battlefield." I lock eyes with him, a menacing edge to my voice. "But if you dare to involve her, I'll paint my house with your blood. Red has always been my favorite." I chuckle, grinning at him.

"I won't leave you," he swears to himself. Irrelevant.

"I'd die of boredom if you did," I muse.

"And I've to still payback your filthy move which you did by sending your men in my warehouse. Be aware, be caution. Remember the words you told my wife. I shall repeat the same. Wait for me." I shot at him.