31

If you hadn't vote the previous chapter, please do it. A request from to you.

Wish I could undo my actions

I enter the room.

The eerie silence prevailing in every corner. I don't bother in switching on the light, as the night glow was enough to locate thing in the room, the glass wall provided.

Its past 12 in the clock. Yet, I sit on the revolving chair opening my laptop. I remove the leather jacket, ruffling my black t-shirt.

"Sir, your black tea." Suman my housekeeper keeps the cup on my desk. Passing me a smile, she retires to her room.

I dial the number, connecting the call.

After few seconds of loading, the call connects, the blank screen now showing the face of a middle aged man, his tousled  graying hair framed his round face, with wrinkles forming at the end of his eyelid, as he smile seeing me.

His hazel eyes, glimpses through the steel rimmed glass sat on his crooked nose.

"How are you, Reyansh?" His voice, filled with excitement, yet lacing with worry as I hardly call him, if not for given task.

I smile a little, saying,"Good."

He laughs saying,"Still the same grumpy child, whose lip never twitched in a smile even if I gave him three bars of chocolate."

I shake my head, a smile cowering on my face.

"Cause you always brought sweet chocolate when I liked dark chocolate."

He chuckle, reminiscing the good old days.

"How's London treating you?" I question him.

"Pretty good." His eyes became distinct, feeling of detachment from his birth place reflecting in them.

"Everything good?" He probes.

I nod my head, uttering,"Yes it is. I hope I am not disturbing you."

He shakes his head, rhetorically,"I can never be busy for my daughter's in-laws."