55

Chaos of colour

Chaos of colour.

Six months later

Six months later

The white yellow brightness peered my eyes. I blink several times, to adjust to the setting still the shameless rays peeked from the window, falling straight on my face.

It's five in the morning but the rays were harsh.

I bring my palm over my face, penetrating the light, while my other mixes the every colour.

Red. Blue. Yellow. Orange.

All the colours mixes and forms a dull black amalgamation.

Had I combined red and blue, it would have resulted in a brilliant shade of violet. Similarly, when mixing red with yellow, and blue with orange, a different array of captivating hues might have emerged.

However, mixing everything indiscriminately, just'd created a chaos. May be our life is something akin to this analogy.

Even God doesn't allow the chaos of too many individuals to interfere with one another. He removes certain people from our lives, possibly because we were not creating a vibrant, harmonious color. Perhaps, many people were only contributing to a dreary and dreadful hues.

I set the spoon aside, letting it drop into the sink, and carefully lift the ceramic bowl. Holding the lehenga with one hand while gripping the bowl with the other, my payal creates a melodious echo in the kitchen, its sound trailing me as I move through the hall and towards the stairs.

"Are you sure?"

On the stairs, I halt, pausing my descent, and turn to face the source of the question. Kritika and Vedika, their expressions filled with concern, look at me. One of them nervously bites her lip.

"Yes, I'm sure," I reply, attempting to sound confident, though my voice quivers, almost as if I'm reassuring myself.

Sunita Chachi offers a concealed warning, "Don't do it, Kiraz. What if he gets angry?" But her caution comes too late. My decision is already made.