CHAPTER 26

Everyone instantly tries to rush ahead, but the tunnel was too narrow. The crowd itself becomes an obstacle as people get shoed together.

Izuku was seen leaping up and over the heads of everyone around him. With his leg strength along with using Wind E.F(Element Fusion) He bounced off one wall to build up the speed and the momentum he needs to run along the other. And not a moment too soon.

Todoroki freezes over the ground, immobilizing everyone else, as she skates ahead.

But this doesn't stop Izuku and he knew neither did his classmates. They burst free from the icy grip only a moment later, rushing ahead of the trapped students. As the tunnel ends, Izuku springs off, landing in a roll and rushing ahead. He's on Todoroki in no time.

"I expected some of you to escape," Izuku hears Todoroki say. "But more of you made it clear than I thought..." But Izuku wasn't looking at his icy classmate. He's looking just past her, where a pair of familiar robots are charging towards them. The entrance exam robots? And not just the small ones. Izuku's mouth drops slightly open as he sees at least dozen of Zero Pointers blocking the progress of the competitors.

"And here we are, already at the first obstacle! The Robo-Inferno!"

"So this is what they used for the general entrance exam, huh?" Todoroki says, coming to a halt. As she crouches to press her right hand to the ground, Izuku darts past her.

"What's this? Midoriya just tore past Todoroki with no hesitation!" calls out Present Mic as a strong arctic wind blows across Izuku's spine. The massive wave of ice freezing the robots solid is just centimeters behind him. Izuku hears someone behind call out.

"He's frozen 'em! We can get through!"

"I wouldn't," says Todoroki conversationally. "They're off balance. They're about to-"

The massive crash makes Izuku grunt out. There's a slight ringing in his ears as he keeps moving through the pain. Compared to what he faced at the USJ, at Aldera? Some loud noises are nothing to him.

"Todoroki's simultaneously moved ahead while blocking everyone behind him! What a brutal move! I'd call it unfair, but she's still in second!" Present Mic's voice rings out over them. He continues talking about the progress of Izuku's classmates. Several of them manage to clear the Robo Inferno with little difficulty, from the sound of it.

"As expected," says Present Mic," most of the students who've made it through are from 1-A!"

"It's not that that the other classes are inferior," says Mr. Aizawa. "It's that 1-A has learned the hard way that there's no time to stay dead in their tracks. They've faced a real life-or-death scenario, and they survived. And that experience has taught them all to not hesitate."

Izuku kept moving ahead, pushing himself faster, faster. He feels it, the power of the element he was fusing with, the power coiling through his body. The sensation of pushing himself to his limits. I can't give Todoroki the chance to stop me! I need more distance! I want to win! Izuku thought as his eyes glowed a vibrant red and a smile started to form on his face.

"Wow, Midoriya is even faster than Iida, and he doesn't have engines in his legs!" Present Mic says.

"That's not quite true," Mr. Aizawa counters. "Midoriya's top speed is lower than Iida's, but he compensates with better acceleration."

"You mean he does better from a standing start? is it because he uses his quirk similar to a starting enjine at full throttle?" Present Mic simplifies for the crowd.