CHAPTER 57

He could feel it, the rush, his blood boiling to the brim as he leaps towards the Hero Killer who avoided the many attacks that came from the boy whose eyes were solely onto the killer with a wild and yet calm expression.

The heat that surrounded him as scorch marks were formed from every attack he made.

"Come on, quit dodging me ya bastard!"

With a yell, Izuku leaps towards the Hero killer who could only make an attempt to cut down the boy and but him some time to escape.

Usagiyama Rumi doesn’t remember the last time she’s forced herself to move so quickly. She grits her teeth as she takes a springing leap over a rooftop, landing on the one beyond it. She’s coming up on the alleyway. She only hopes she’s not too late. Don’t be dead, kit. Please God, fuck, don’t be dead, kit.

Rumi drops down from the roofs. There’s someone lying on the street. Her phone provides just enough light for her to recognize Endeavor’s kid. She drops beside her.

“Kid,” she says.

“Miruko?” she murmurs, then hisses. “Fuck, that hurts.”

“I’ll bet. How is it?”

“Deep, but not as deep as it looks. Clean. Not too serious,” she says. “Hurts a lot, and I’ll probably need a transfusion, but I’m not in danger of dying.”

“Right.” She stands up.

“Izuku, he was just here,” the kid says. She pauses. “I heard fighting. If Stain is still up… don’t let him drink your blood. That’s how his Quirk works. And he’s got throwing knives.”

“Understood,” Rumi says.

Stain was still standing, body looking lie he ran a marathon but he was still standing while Izuku was seen with even more cuts and a few knives that were stabbed on legs, arms and back while struggling to get up while being in pain.

Stain winds his arm back to impale a Pro Hero left limp against the side of a building. Rumi springboards off the walls and spins a kick against the Hero Killer. He manages to keep his posture up, but he wheezes and coughs weakly as he recovers.

“Yet another interruption,” he says. His stance was shaky. Wobbly. The infamous Stain certainly looks like he came out the wrong side of a blender. Rumi pulls her lips back, showing her teeth.

“Miruko!” says Endeavor. “Don’t let him—”

“Your daughter told me,” she says. “Now Stain. I’m going to give you one chance. What the hell did you do to my kit?”

“Oh, you mean the monster boy?” says the Hero Killer. “I had planned to merely fight him off and slay these fakes, but he was stronger than anticipated. He forced me to go all out.”

“What. Did you. Do.”

“I defeated him,” says Stain. “On anyone else I might call it a serious, if not mortal, wound. But that boy… he's on a totally different field.” Stain moves aside slowly, pointing at a downed figure deeper into the alley. The sound of growling was heard as Rumi recognizes Izuku instantly.