CHAPTER 63

Twenty-ish minutes later, the Allmobile pulls to a stop in the parking lot of UA, having used it as a makeshift runway. Izuku stretches his arms the moment the roof pulls open, and hops up over the side, landing on the ground.

Mr. Aizawa was there already, flanked by a handful of medical robots, who quickly set to work retrieving the girl and laying her out on a stretcher. Izuku cringes under the intense gaze of his homeroom teacher.

“Midoriya,” he says, and in that tone that makes Izuku know he’s fucked. “Explain to me exactly what you were thinking giving your blood to someone who tried to attack you.”

Izuku opens and closes his mouth a few times before saying, “She—she clearly needed help. And though it hurt I—”

“That’s not an excuse,” Mr. Aizawa hisses. “If you think that gives you the right to throw yourself in front of every danger everyone else faces, consider yourself expelled.”

“And,” says Izuku. “And I already knew I could take her in a fight if it came to it. I didn’t have any means of detaining her, and if I could help her while deescalating the situation, then temporarily losing some blood was well worth it.” Izuku doesn’t let himself look away, as much as he wants to. “It was a risk, yes, but a calculated one. If I can save someone with only minor injury to myself, then how could I call myself a Hero if I chose not to?”

Mr. Aizawa runs a hand through his hair, but he seems less tense. “You aren’t a Hero. You are a child. You’re still in training. Putting yourself in needless danger isn’t noble. It’s idiotic. And it’s how you get yourself killed when you could have lived.”

Izuku can see what Mr. Aizawa was getting at, but that’s not what happened here with this girl.

“Assuming I haven’t been expelled,” Izuku says evenly. “I’m going to go see how that girl is doing.” Mr. Aizawa looks taken aback for a moment before he nods, eyes closed.

“When are you moving in?” he asks. Izuku understands the implication perfectly.

“Later this week. Mom doesn’t want to be separated so suddenly.”

“I see. Before I let you go...tell me more about thses new powers you have now” Izuku jolts, having completely forgotten about that.

"...the transformation I had...it was similar to when i faced the Nomi back in USJ" as Aizawa heard that he couldn't help but winced a bit at that memory, "I haven’t experimented with it much, but I know that I can use a bit of a fire element and I can shift my canines to be sharp enough to tear down some tough materials"

Mr. Aizawa hums. “You’re sure it’s not a mutation of sorts?”

"...honestly...even in confuse with my power...normally a fusion would be the guess...but now...I'm not sure all I can say It might be a transformation-type, but it doesn’t seem to strain me any to keep a transformation up. As demonstrated.” He gestures to his now sharp teeth as well as his eyes changing with his hair bristled up a bit, "So I’m assuming that it’s a mutation like Shoji’s."