CHAPTER 64

After only a week away from home, Izuku’s apartment was already a sight for sore eyes. Something that doesn’t bode well for moving into the new dormitories.

I’m home!” Izuku calls, catching himself as he moves to take off his shoes, muscle memory he hasn’t quite broken yet.

“Welcome home, Izuku!” calls mom from the kitchen. The smell of breaded pork cooking on the stove brings a smile to Izuku’s face.

“We’re having katsudon?” he says, stepping into the kitchen and giving his mother a quick hug.

She laughs brightly. “I thought we’d celebrate a successful internship!” Her smile twitches as she can’t quite keep the smugness of her face. “But when are you inviting your girlfriend over?” Izuku’s mouth drops open and he groans. “I’d love to meet my daughter-in-law, you know.”

“That was her idea!” Izuku says, exasperated but fondly.

“Oh, I have no doubt,” says mom, turning her attention back to the stove. “After all the things she’s been saying about you these past few weeks? I knew that was all her. But you still went along with it, and it was hilarious.”

Izuku rolls his eyes and heads down the hallway to his room. He pulls off the jacket of his school uniform, looking around the room. After his former idol turned him down...he wasn't very fond of having any All Might merchandise, branching out with other Hero merch he’d stockpiled or previously switched out for more All Might over the years.

“Gonna need to add some Rumi,” he murmurs. As he had a sort of kinship with the Rabbit heroine for only a week but he hadn’t had much time to really do much about getting any Miruko representation for himself. He’d been busy catching up on schoolwork and having existential crises. More or less what he does now, actually. But now, after all she did for him this week? It feels weird not to support her. Though since he’s moving out in a few days, it might be a time to do that.

Izuku returns to the kitchen dressed in a casual t-shirt and pants just in time for his mom to set out the bowls for dinner. They say their thanks and dig in. Mom’s katsudon was just as wonderful as Izuku remembers.

Another thing he won’t have access to in the dormitories.
“So,” says mom, “Other than the… obvious parts, how was your internship week?”

Izuku smiles softly. “Rumi was great. I didn’t really know what to expect from her, but… I guess she was kinda like what I think sisters act like? She doesn’t care about formality; she just told me to call her by her first name. She had me train with my body, get used to moving around on with the element I'm most suited for while using my legs even on weird terrain. She called it the ‘No-Negativity Internship.’” Izuku snorts. “She wouldn’t let me say anything bad about myself. And she made me recite her own praise of me. It was weird, but… nice.” Izuku’s smile turns sharp.

“And she gave me a crash-course in her personal martial arts style!”

“It sounds like she was an excellent mentor, then,” says mom. “I’m glad.”
Izuku nods turning more serious, even as he takes another bite of katsudon.

“I’m proud of you,” his mom says when he finishes. Izuku looks up at her with watery eyes. “I know I say it a lot, Sunshine, but I am so, so proud of what a brave young man you are.” She cups his cheek in her hand. “And I cannot wait to see the day that The Strengthing Hero: Iunctura debuts.”

“Thank you,” Izuku says, tears starting to stream down his face. “Mom—thank you so much.”

“I’m your mother,” she says with a light chuckle. “Caring for you is the least I can do, Sunshine.”

“And you won’t be too lonely here by yourself?”

“I’ll make do. And its not like you won’t be able to visit.” Mom sighs. “I—this week, waking up and having you not be here —it was hard. It brought back unpleasant memories...like when I heard how you faced something that would...would've hurt you and the time when you wre younger...and know how much you tired to hide your bruises Izuou but I knew regardless...But I also knew where you were. We talked. You called. You weren’t… gone. So I’ll be fine. And you’ll be safer this way. That’s more important than my comfort.”

“You’re important too, mom,” says Izuku.

“I can handle being lonely,” mom replies. “But I can’t handle losing you”

“You won’t.” It’s not a reassurance. It’s a promise. “I’ll always come home to you, mom.”

They finish their meal in comfortable silence.

It was around the time where Izuku looking at himself in the mirror with th transformation on aa he gave a good look at himself...and he couldn't help but frown.

"Just what is this power? I thought it was fusion...but this....this is something else...and that voice...jsut what kind of quirk do you I-!!"

Before he could even finish what he had to say, he felt a jolt of pain that entered his mind causing him to hold his head at the sudden infliction he had gotten.

'DONT...CALL THIS POWER THAT NAME!!'

That was all he heard until the headache was no more, 'Can you at least tell me what is this power?'

'This power? This power is something a certain someone might want to gain'

'Who? If this certain someone wants this powe then shouldn't I know who this person is?'

'...'

'Enough with the silent treatment! Just tell me! Who is after this paper of mine!'

'The person who is after your power...wants another power for himself as well...a power that he tried to take back since their so called quirks were deemed as an infection...this person...is someone who might just kill you if you don't listen to him'

'Who is he?'

Suddenly Izuku was forced to be unconscious as he was face to face with the being whose face was now shown to Izuku...who could only widen his eyes in shock...and panic.

"Y-You're....

The being simply chuckled until they had a serious look on their face, "Izuku...the person that will do whatever it takes to take not only your power but another as well...is far more familiar to you than you'll ever realize...All For One...that is the name of the person whose after your power...and the quirk known as One For All"

When Izuku heard that...he clenched his fist a bit, "Why must I be involved with those two again...alright...just this once...what do I have to do?"

As that was said the being just smiled which sealed the fate of Izuku Midoriya, one that will never break.

Chapter End.
Well...hope ya enjoy.