CHAPTER 52

Right now Izuku was seen using a large sack that was filled with materials that was heavy but he used it as if it didn't weigh much as he kicked the sack up in the air while lightly bouncing on the ground, the more he raises it in the air, the more powerful he kicks it as he feels his legs clenching as he continued this sort of training as Rumi waa seen sitting off to the side, munching on a whole carrot stick with mild amusement.

“Damn, kid,” she says. “That’s actually pretty fucking clever.”

"Thanks, it was something my Mom picked up when she was younger only I'm using something heavy to train my legs" Izuku says with a soft smile.

“Smart woman.” Rumi bites into her carrot with a loud crack.

“Rumi?”

“Yeah kit?”

“Why did you send me an internship offer?” Izuku doesn’t look up from his sack. In his peripheral vision, he can see Rumi shift her position, sitting up.

“‘Cuz you’re like a cute bunny,” Rumi says. Izuku catches the sack in the curve of his foot and looks over at her, incredulous. “And you impressed me in that fight against that Todoroki and Bakugo kid...But you suck at kicking since all I saw was you using your arms more than your legs” She rolls her neck. “You got the power down for making those eye catching moves, but you barely use your legs which are much more powerful. It’s not just about connecting, you gotta hit ‘em right. And I wasn’t about to go around letting some damn kid make all us bunnies look bad with shitty kicks.”

"...you keep referring to me as a bunny...which is not the case but I rather care less anyways You’re gonna teach me how to kick like you?” Izuku says as he puts done the sack on the ground.

“Can’t let my dear Boyfriend get his ass kicked like some punk,” says Rumi, cackling into her hand. Izuku groans. “No, I am not letting you live that down! Funniest fucking thing I ever heard!” She wipes a tear away. “I told you to come up with something, and you fucking delivered!”

Izuku didn't say anything but he simply sighed as Rumi stands up with a stretch and walks over to Izuku. “So, now that your warm-up is out of the way, we’re gonna do some actual fucking training. And no, sparring doesn’t count. That’s just practice.” She cocks her head with an impish grin. “You ready?” It sounds like a question, but Izuku knows Rumi better than that.

He took a breath, "Kaze"

As he said that, wind formed around him as he gets into position.

It’s the same as yesterday’s exercise, keeping himself off the floor while moving faster and faster. But this time, Rumi will be actively interfering with him. The manic glee in her eyes when she shows him the large tub full of foam dodgeballs she intends to hurl at him sends a shiver down his spine. But it’s not the same murderous excitement that Bakugou has. It’s this exhilaration of a challenge. A hunt. A game. It’s the same look in her eyes when they sparred the day before. And he can see the anticipation in her fierce gaze. Something about it makes Izuku want to prove himself to her. Show her what he can do.