CHAPTER 49

Izuku was seen kicking off from the wall, a rush of air blasting out from the point of impact as He blurs between the pillars and walls like a pinball. It’s a simple exercise Miruko started him with. He has to keep himself off the floor for fifteen minutes while remaining in motion the entire time while using E.F for the time being with his first element being Wind.

“That’s five minutes!” Miruko calls out, looking up from her phone. “Speed up!” Izuku obliges. That’s the other part of the exercise. Every minute, Miruko demands he do it faster. The idea is to get him used to moving at his higher speeds while knowing exactly where his feet are and where they’re going to land. And she’s forbidden him from using another fusion power besides wind, since this was the only element he felt more suited for him and he wanted to experiment more on it before he tries the other powers in his arsenal.

“Speed up!” Miruko calls. Faster, Izuku launches himself off a pillar, bouncing from a cubicle divider to a wall. By the time he reaches minute twelve, the entire room is just a blur. He only makes three jumps before his foot slides out from under him and he slams into the floor but lands in his feet as his legs give out. Miruko hums.

“You did better than I was expecting,” she says. Izuku looks up at her, rubbing where he felt the tension in his legs. Noticing his gaze, Miruko continues. “I wasn’t expecting you to increase your speed so much each time. I figured your speed at around nine minutes was gonna be your max. Good job, kit.”

"Yeah but maybe-"

“Ah, ah, ah!” Miruko says, kneeling in front of him and waving a finger back and forth. “This is a no-negativity internship! I am a fucking badass, kit, and don’t you forget it! And I didn’t get to be a fucking badass by constantly saying I should've done better!”

“Sorry…”

“Nope!” she says, flicking his nose. “Say, ‘I impressed Rumi with my speed and control!’” Izuku gapes for a moment at that but then chuckled

“I impressed Rumi with my speed and control” he says. Miruko smiles at him, all teeth as she ruffled the boys here who groaned at that.

“That’s right! I’m only Miruko when I’m on the clock, kit. Here? I’m Rumi to you. None of that formality shit, remember? Now, say it again!”

“I impressed Rumi with my speed and control”

“Again!”

“I impressed Rumi with my speed and control!” Izuku yells out while shaking his head as he saw Rumi howls with glee and ruffles his hair more.

'Man, talk about a prideful woman'

'Is that your type of woman perhaps?'

He didn't say anything after he heard the voice respond to what he just said.

“Damn straight you did!” she says. She flops over, lying comfortably on the floor next to him. She doesn’t say anything, just sprawls out, using her arms to support her head. Her ear twitches as Izuku sits up. She flicks her eyes over to him for a moment before glancing away. Her lazy grin never so much as flickers.