CHAPTER 60

Izuku couldn't help but smile softly, humming a tune under his breath. Hosu was quiet this afternoon. It’s a weekend, and Rumi’s temporary office was at the edge of the business district, so Izuku hasn’t really seen anyone on his way back to the train station. It’ll be early evening by the time he gets back to Mustafu, and Izuku hopes that his classmates can get home from their internships before dark. Tomorrow they’ll be turning their costumes back in once they’re back at school...right his new costume being torned... he wonders if he'll need to hide from a certain girl with pink dreadlocks.

Apparently, UA has already finished construction of the new dormitories over the past few days. They’re mandatory for the Hero Course right now, with some debates happening as to whether they should be mandatory for the other courses as well. Hero Course students have the next two weeks or so to move in to the new space. Izuku spoke with his mom over the phone about it the morning after the dorms were publicly announced. She was as opposed as Izuku expected, not wanting to be separated from Izuku since in her own words "You're my baby bear and shouldn't be separated from your Mama" and he couldn't help bit laugh at that...But with the attention he’s getting as the winner of the Sports Festival and now again for his fight with Stain, she agreed it was safer for him to stay there, as much as she hates to admit it. The plan was for him to spend another few days at the apartment before moving out.

Izuku’s arm holding the costume case swings at his side. With his other hand, he does a quick search on his phone for the news broadcast of the landslide in Deika City. It doesn’t take too long to find. The footage seems to be from some distance away from the edge of the city, and the city itself was in shambles. From a distance, Izuku can make out the signature uniforms of the Wild Wild Pussycats combing through the wreckage. That team specializes in mountain rescue, but Izuku can easily see the overlap between the two environments.

Izuku sets the case down for a moment to pull out a set of earphones, adjusting them into his ears and raising the volume on his phone.

“—cause of the landslide is still unknown. No deaths have been reported, but hundreds remain missing—"

He doesn’t know how long it will be until Rumi arrives at Deika. He only left her office a few minutes ago. She’s probably done with most of the packing by now, but he has no idea how she’s planning on reaching the site. So he’s not expecting to see her on the news for an hour or more, at least.

Back in the studio, the broadcaster lists a handful of other Heroes who’ve been called in to help with the rescue efforts, including Uwabami. She pauses, looking offstage for a moment before turning back to the camera. “We’ve just received confirmation that Miruko is on her way to assist with the relief efforts as well.”

Izuku frowns, not because of the report, but because a thought has just occurred to him. It won’t be the rainy season in Aichi for another month or so. He bites his lip. Deika City’s in bad shape. Must’ve been one hell of a landslide. Now that Izuku’s getting a proper look at the damage, he can get a real sense of scale for the disaster. And yeah, Deika is no Tokyo—hell, it’s not even a Mustafu, but it’s not a small city either. And damn-near the entire city was trashed. Overturned buildings block off rubble-covered streets. Cars and streetlights are strewn about, some even having ended up through windows or otherwise inside of buildings. It looks more like the place was bombed than that a landslide hit it. Rumi’s really got her work cut out for her, huh?

Izuku closes out of the broadcast, removes his earphones, and slips his phone back into his pocket. In theory, the class will be back at school tomorrow for normal lessons—ignoring any weirdness that comes from anyone moving in on the first day back. In practice, Iida and Todoroki were still recuperating, though now with help from Recovery Girl, so they should be physically back at school tomorrow with everyone else. Her Quirk was based on accelerating the body’s natural recovery, which was great for the wounds they received but less great for the blood loss. And both of them lost a concerning amount of blood. It’s possible neither of them will be allowed in physical training. Especially given Iida’s shoulder wound.

Just then Izuku felt a shift in the air aoidnd him, could be side effect of him using E.F with his first element being wind as he passes by an alleyway. He hears movements, footsteps, fabric rustling, uneven breathing. He blinks, pausing mid-step, and turns to face the mouth of the alley. Coming towards him is a girl about his age wearing a school uniform, despite the fact that there’s no school today, her blonde hair in a messy bun on the right, with the left bun seeming to have come undone at some point. She has visible bags under her eyes, and her steps are ever so slightly unsteady. The girl grins as their eyes meet, revealing sharp teeth.

“It’s you…” she says with an air of reverence. “You’re the one… the one who beat Mr. Stain…” Izuku shifts slightly, his eyes slightly glow as he felt the transformation about to kick in without his consent. Something about the way she says that sends a shiver down his spine. Izuku then looked intently at the girl who simply giggles.

Izuku didn't know why but as his eyes glowed he felt a change in them as the way Her body swirls with blue light, with the exception of a golden line from her mouth down to her stomach, which also glows gold. Small streaks of that golden light weave into the blue in places, he didn't know why but this flet Familiar with one of his classmates... Some kind of consumption-based Quirk like Sato’s? he doesn't know why his powers gave him that description bit he let's his eyes stop glowing.

“Aww…” she says, taking a step towards Izuku and making him tense, “You were so cute with glowy eyes!”

“…Thanks?” he says.

“Know what would make you cuter though?” The girl’s grin turns sharp. Quick as a flash, she whips a knife out of her long sleeves. “If you were covered in blood!”

 'AYO WHAT THE FU-!!'

Chapter End.
H

ere's another chapter...with Izuku meeting a certain girl who loves blood what will happen next? Will I indulge in letting Izuku having another girl in his unofficial harem? Or will start to have Bakugo question himself if he's even worthy of the quirk he so called earn? Or...will he feel betrayed? Time in next time....On...FUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSIIIIIOOOON HHHHHHEEEEEEERRRRRRROOOOO!!!