CHAPTER 51

Hosu was actually surprisingly beautiful at night. Streetlights and office windows illuminate the city. Neon signs give a soft glow to the buildings. It’s also much quieter. The daily hustle and bustle of a Tokyo Ward is gone. The quiet was actually kind of soothing.

“Head outta the clouds, kit,” says Rumi, and Izuku twitches. “We’re on patrol now. All five senses better be in fucking overdrive. If a Hero isn’t alert, they’re dead.” She points to someone coming out of a drug store. “What’s his Quirk?”

Izuku follows her finger to the man as the boys eyes observe any sort of description towards said man, it looks like he has no obvious mutations. He’s wearing a business suit, but somewhat loose. Probably just got off shift. Izuku shakes his head.

"I can't tell not from this location, you think he's a Villain?”

“Probably not,” says Rumi. “But we don’t know that for sure. So if he, say, attacked us right now, we’d have no idea what we’re even fucking up against. Got it?”

"Right" Izuku says as he held onto the mask and placed over his face while overlooking his new and improved hero costume.

Courtesy of Mei Hatsume who saw how well the first one was she decided to give Izuku a more upgraded version of his Dragon Armor was what she called it.

The body suit was covered in the color of Red and black with the gloves being coated in a dark red with a claw like appearance at the finger tips, with a large black buckle with the belt being red that held many pockets, The mask itself, being a silver color with hints of red around the lenses was now like a communicator with the eye lenses moving to respond to Izuku's own eye movements with color being white and having a faint glow to them.

"I understand" Izuku said as he knows that He can’t let his guard down. The people he sees in the streets probably aren’t going to attack him, but that doesn’t mean they’ll never do it. And there’s always the possibility of an ambush.

“We’re on the clock now, so I’m Miruko,” she says.

“Yes, Miruko!”

“Good, kit. Now c’mon.” Rumi leaps off from the ground, clearing the building easily. Izuku leaps up after her a moment later, jumping off the side of the building for more height. Rumi tuts when he lands next to her. “Gonna have to work on your jumps this week. By the time you’re back in UA, you’ll do that jump easy. Got it, kit?”

“Yes!” he says.

“Now… keep up!” with a whoop, Rumi sprints off, leaping from rooftop to rooftop. Izuku was right on her heels. The wind howls past them, blowing through Izuku’s hair as he activated Kaze. Rumi’s movements were graceful in a way that Izuku’s aren’t yet. Her landings were basically just a part of her run. There was no difference between her running and her jumping. Izuku was clearly switching gears. It’s just another reminder of how far behind he was...or rather he knows when to hold back, this made Izuku cringe internally while still feeling that burning sensation.