CHAPTER 27

Izuku's breathing was heavier than when he started running. He shakes his head, feeling as if his body was abou to collapse.

'Well that was interesting but mediocre at best'

Izuku heard in his psyche but he couldn't think about that right now since he needed to intake enough oxygen in his body to not hit the floor hard.

"Second and third cross the line in what's nearly a photo finish!" calls Present Mic. Izuku gave a glance behind him to see Todoroki and Bakugou, both heaving air into their lungs. The air around Todoroki drifts off, a cool white mist. Izuku's ear twitches as Bakugou snarls under his breath.

"Again?! Shit! God-goddammit!" Bakugou tightens his hand into a fist, his other hand clasping vice-like around his arm.

"And here comes the pack!" booms Present Mic. "They're coming it at a steady pace now! Those of you in the audience, we're compiling the results now! Enjoy your short breather!"

Izuku fully intends on that but it was short lived when he was suddenly pushed down by the body of something soft and a nice scent and seeing who it was causes him to smile.

"Glad to see you but could you get up, Ochako" Izuku said as Ochako stared at him for a few seconds and listened to him and got off of Izuku and helping him up, "Wow Izuku, you're full of surprises, the way how you used earth to bend at your will, was that the first time you've done it?" Ochako asked Izuku with him nodding his head confirming Ochako's question.

"I'm not sure if I'm able to use it well but I'll deal with it after the Sports Festival...and maybe...the two of us can hang out"

Izuku bashfully said with Ochako blushing a bit and accepted his invitation to hang out with the duo staring at Iida who was looking at his hands lamenting his place in sixth, they couldn't help but hold in their laughs as best as they can at Iida's predicament.

It got Short lived when Izuku saw the look of hate that came from Bakugo and he wondered why the bastard has a need to stare him down.

Ochako who saw this glared at the Explosion quirk user while flipping him off which aggravated him before he could attempt to do something the sound of a platform bring raised along with the sound of a whip was heard courtesy of Midnight who gained everyone's attention.

"And so the first round is over! Only the top 42 participants make it into the second round! Everyone, here's the results!"

Izuku doesn't read past the first ten. With himself at first, there are another seven 1-A students in the top ten, the 4th and 5th place students being unfamiliar, presumably Class 1-B. With 42 participants, that's enough for all of Class 1-A and 1-B, as well as three others. Since Izuku doesn't know anyone in Class 1-B, he'd only recognize nineteen names anyway. He does, however, scan for the one with similar hair as his Sensei and remembering his name, he saw that the purple-haired boy sits comfortably at 26th place.

"And those are the ones who earn the right to advance!" calls a winking Midnight. "I'm sorry to those of you who failed, but we've still got quite a bit in store! Moving right along to the second round! From here on out the competition will really turn some heads, so give it your all!" Midnight throws her arm back to gesture to the large holographic screen. "The next heart-pounding event! Behold!"

HUMAN CAVALRY BATTLE

"That's a team game, kero," says Asui. "How will that work?"

"Let me explain!" says Midnight. "You'll form teams of two to four people however you want, and someone will be the rider! Just like a normal human cavalry battle! The riders wear headbands, and you have to go swipe them while guarding your own! But there's a catch!" Midnight leans forward and winks. "Everyone will have their own score value based on how well they did at the Obstacle Course!"