CHAPTER 31

Flames ignited in all four corners of the fighting arena as now, they were finished with the preparations and were ready to begin with the first match.

"AUDIENCE! The tournament that you all have been waiting for are finally starting! Match number one-- We got the Powerhouse that has been giving us surprises one after another and finished in 1st place in the two previous rounds! From Class 1-A, Hero Course, it's Izuku Midoriya!" Present Mic announced as Izuku made his entrance. The crowd were cheering as he had gained a lot of popularity since the beginning of the Sports Festival. Some people have already put in their bets and said that Izuku will win the whole thing. Some, were a bit skeptical and wonder how exactly his quirk works, but hope to see it in action in this match. Izuku's classmates were also cheering him on from the bleachers.

"Versus-- Sorry, he has not done anything to stand out yet! From General Studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso!" Shinso ignored Present Mic's comment and proceeded to walk to the ring calmly.

"Okay, the rules are simple! They are classic tournament style! In order to win the match, you have to force your opponent out of bounds, immobilize them, or force them into submission! Bring on the injuries! I want this to be entertaining! Don't worry, we have our very own Recovery Girl waiting on standby to patch any students up! Put your morals and ethics aside for a moment! But of course, anything life-threatening is strictly prohibited. Heroes should only use their fists to catch Villains!" Present Mic announced the rules.

"I will stop the fight if things go too far!" Cementos said as he made a chair for him to sit on.

Izuku took a deep breath, narrowing his eyes at his opponent

"Forcing your opponent into submission, huh?" Shinso said suddenly gaining the attention of Izuku.

"This is a fight to test the strength of your spirit. If you know what you want for your future, then you can't worry about appearances."

"READY?" Present Mic called out.

"That monkey was going on about his pride... "

"START!" Present Mic announced the official start of the match.

"...but don't you think he was dumb for throwing away his chance? What an idiot. Serves him right." Shinso said.

Izuku's eyes widened as he heard his opponent say those words...and his eyes narrowed at Shinso who saw that what he said didn't make Izuku retort back.

And all he got was Izuku coming in close towards him and sending a punch which he avoided but barely since he saw a large cut on his shirt making him take a few steps back but Shinso still kept on talking sending out insults after insults towards Izuku but it only made Izuku narrow his eye even more and blitz towards Shinso and sending a punch to his torso causing him to cough out spit but it wasn't enough for Izuku as he sent a kick to his chin causing him to get pushed back.

But he wasn't out of the ring with Izuku waiting for him to get up which irritated Shinso as he glared at the boy.

"Why aren't you saying anything?! Am I that weak for you to not getting a response from you? Are you that strong to treat those with no power as nothing but weaklings?!" He shouted towards Izuku who could only sigh as his eyes glowed and was suddenly behind Shinso and kicked in the back and then blitz infront of him and sending a kick towards his way while creating afterimages of himself causing Shinso to get multiple doses of kicks from Izuku.

Shinso was lucky that Izuku stopped which made him to distance himself from Izuku while being in pain and it was getting hard to stay on his feet but he gave Izuku a glare that held hate but Izuku knew it wasn't pointed at him.

"Why won't you say something?."
Shinso asked in pain while walking towards Izuku who was still silent that it made Shinso mad.

"You have so much power that it's making me jealous and yet you did something that makes you fuse with your classmates how messed up is that?"

Shinso then started running even though it hurt, he still kept on running.

"Thanks to my Quirk, I have been behind from the start. Someone who has been blessed like you with such a powerful Quirk would never understand, would you?!"

Izuku didn't move as he let Shinso come in close causing the audience to lean on Their seats as they saw Shinso send a punch which Izuku avoided with ease with Shinso, kept on fighting while yelling at Izuku in anger.

"Someone like you who was born with the ideal Quirk! Someone who can reach your goal!"

Izuku got even more angry, the voices, the humilation...the words from his supposed idol...it caused him...to feel this irritated sensation that crawled on his back.

Shinso saw that Izuku had a look that held nothing but emptiness as he avoided another attempt of a punch.

"You're looking down on me! You dare ignore me! You're just like everyone else! You look down on me because I was born with a Quirk that would fit a Villain! DAMN YOU! What makes you so special?! Just because you were born with a better Quirk?! It's not my fault I was born with the Quirk I got! Life is not fair, and I just have to live with it. You were gifted! You were born with an amazing Quirk! YOU GOT THE LUCK OF THE DRAW! SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THAT, YOU DAMN BASTARD!"

Shinso ran towards Izuku and threw a punch straight at his cheek. The punch was filled with pure rage and built up anger.

However the punch did not even make Izuku flinch.

Shinso grit his teeth and threw another punch, this one aimed for his forehead.

Izuku caught the punch this time as he squeezed Shinso's wrist. He looked and stared straight at him...and the way Izuku looked at Shinso he could only sweat in fear.

Izuku then kicked Shinso with enough distance but Shinso got back up to glare but then something happened that made him feel humiliated.

Izuku, with his hand out with his eyes glowing with power said just one word,"Zōka"

After he said that,Shinso felt his body became heavy as he was kneeling on the ground while struggling to get up.

Shinso, who forced his head up, saw Izuku with no emotion that it made him sweat in fear and with one hand motion caused Shinso to be pushed back and hit the wall as he slide off with a shock look on his face

Midnight raised her hand, "Hitoshi Shinso is out of bounds! Izuku Midoriya advances to the quarter finals!"

The crowd then began cheering as Izuku was able come out on top, once again.

"In the one-on-one tournament, the first person to advance to the quarter finals is none other than the Powerhouse himself, Izuku Midoriya from Class 1-A!" Present Mic announced as the jumbotron showed Izuku's name going up in the bracket, while Shinso's name was crossed out.

Chapter End.