CHAPTER 66

All Might calls the class out to Ground Gamma for their Foundational Heroics class that day. It’s their first time at this training site. Much like Ground Beta, it’s a massive sprawling simulated environment. But instead of a city, it’s a massive labyrinth of factories, giant fuel pipes, cranes, and other large industrial equipment. The pipes and buildings wrap around each other in wild and twisting pathways.

As Izuku as his eyes were set upon the new addition to Class 1A, Mei Hatsume, who dawned a costume of her own and Much like Iida, her costume was a set of full body armor. But while Iida modeled his after a western knight, Hatsume looks more like a robot. Her armor was harsh and metallic, but colored in a brilliant scarlet with gold details over a simple gray metal base. She has a helmet covering her entire head, detailed almost like a domino mask. But the most notable feature about her armor was the second set of arms coming from the back of her shoulders.

The girls were all stunned seeing the design, and the boys openly gape at Hatsume with Izuku having a low whistle.

“She totally stole my thunder,” Hagakure says. Izuku blinks. He hadn’t heard her footsteps, but she was part of the group, so he probably didn’t notice that the count was off. 

“Um, Hagakure?” he says to the space where he hears her breathing. “I thought Power Loader gave you that translucent material? And don’t you have boots and gloves?”

Hagakure giggles. “I’m wearing them!” Izuku cocks his head. He can’t see anything, and if Power Loader had worked out a solution for her invisible costume, she wouldn’t have specified that she’s wearing her previous costume. So that leaves—

“You worked out how to make other things invisible?” Yaoyorozu says, awe in her voice. “I had wondered what you were doing!”

“Yup!” The air shimmers, and Hagakure’s gloves, boots, and translucent bodysuit reappear as she pumps a fist into the air. “I kept thinking about how you said my Quirk wasn’t really invisibility, so over internships I started experimenting with stuff I didn’t think I could do!”

“That’s amazing, Hagakure!” Izuku wishes he had his notebook on him. He’d love to theorize about what she’s doing. “Your gear isn’t DNA-coded, right?”

“Nope! That’s still totally invisible!”

“Hello, students! I am, once again, here!” All Might says, pulling back everyone’s attention. He stands in front of the entrance to the site in his signature pose. “And we’re moving right on to today’s lesson! It’s been a while, children! I hope you’re all in good spirits!” He holds up a finger. “And right on the heels of your internships, we’ll be doing something different today! A game, so to speak! A Rescue Training Race!”

“Sir!” Iida asks, out of costume since he won’t be participating. It’s also possible his costume was still being repaired, now that Izuku thinks about it. “If we—we’re doing rescue training, is that not what the USJ is for?”

“No, actually!” All Might says. “But good question! The USJ is designed to simulate disaster scenarios! Today’s activity is something you’ll experience far more often as a Pro Hero than a natural disaster.” He gestures at the site behind him. “Here in Ground Gamma, the twisting packed lanes are confusing and mazelike! Today, you’ll be going in two groups of five and two groups of four, one group at a time. I will hide somewhere in the city and give a distress signal. That’s your cue! You will all start from the outer edge of the site. Your goal is to see who can come to aid me first!”

“I see!” says Iida.

“Of course, as this is a rescue situation, you should keep your damage to the buildings a minimum!”
Izuku was in the first group, alongside Shoji, Hatsume, Kaminari, and Uraraka. Uraraka looks over at him and beams, and Izuku returns the smile. The five of them take their places while All Might hides somewhere in Ground Gamma.

Izuku then let's out a breath and his lips formed a confident grin that stretch across his face, reason...he's about to have great time.

A race like this was him in his element. All of them will know exactly where All Might was thanks to his distress beacon, so Tracking won’t be of much use, but Rumi trained him for situations like this. And he won the obstacle course at the Sports Festival.
“I am the strongest First-Year,” he murmurs to himself, stretching his arms. “I am a fucking badass. I am a bunny and fucking proud of it.”

All Might sends the signal and Izuku fires off like a shot. His training with Rumi comes rushing back, practically wired into his muscles by now. He leaps up onto a building and rushes down along the pipes, feeling the wind in his hair as His confident grin takes on a feral edge.

Hatsume was visible in the distance, coming in from the far side of Ground Gamma, her bright red coloring popping against the gray steel. Izuku recognizes her movements from the Sports Festival. Her electromagnetic soles are clearly built into the suit from the way it hovers. Her combination of jetpack and wire cables has her moving pretty quick. But not quick enough.

Izuku feels bad for Shoji, Kaminari, and Ochako. Their movement options are a bit limited compared to Izuku and Hatsume. He doesn’t see them at all....or so he thinks as he sense that Ochako wasn't that far off and he couldn't help but smile as the side effects of being a fusion with Ochako made him realised that Ochako was just getting started bit he had to focus.

Izuku bounds off a pipe, bouncing off of another two as he weaves through the industrial environment. Every time he shoves a foot off of the ground, he’s thankful for Rumi’s training. Not to mention her showing him how she clears buildings in a single leap. Those jumps, focused on height rather than distance, were another useful part of Izuku’s skillset in an area like this.
It's just as freeing as it was with Rumi. There’s a rush to going as fast as he does that Izuku doesn’t really know how to describe. It’s probably how the rest of the class feel when they use their Quirks. It’s a feeling of power, of freedom.

Izuku then vaults over a pipe, his legs catching him on the far side like a spring, and he shoots off again.

Hatsume was doing well, but he’s faster than her. He finally spots Ochako, having used her Quirk on herself in shorts bursts to clear obstacles, but she seems to be relying on her natural athleticism.

Presumably, Kaminari and Shoji are doing the same thing. Minus the gravity negation, of course.
He drops down, landing with a roll, and pops back up to his feet in front of All Might.

"Iunctura is here to assist!" he says with a smile on his face. “How can I help you?”

After a few minutes, the rest of Izuku’s group arrives at the scene. None of them seem particularly surprised to see that he beat them to the objective.
“Young Midoriya may have reached me first, but you have all demonstrated a much broader understanding of your abilities since your first day here at UA! Now keep that drive that fuels you, and use it to prepare for your end-of-term exams!”

'Oh right.That’s only like six weeks away, isn’t it? Time really flies.'

Izuku thought while avoiding to even glance at Allmight who could only sigh as he went through...'that moment' he already knew of the boys potential but their were other with the same potential as well...with one standing before him and yet he rejected the boy, 'I'll let you keep that power Young Bakugo...but only because of Gran Torino's decision'

Allmight thought.

Chapter End.
Hope you enjoy...and sorry.
I might discontinue this story and a few others...have a lot on my mind and I might not even stay on wattpad for a while...but stay safe and peace out.