CHAPTER 29

When Izuku heard this his eyes narrowed.

"What exactly are you implying Todoroki?" He asked as he felt as his mind was drowning in a large pool of water...and it was suffocating for him.

"It's because of what I saw...you, using others for your own gain...instead of-" but she was stopped by Izuku who punch the wall behind him.

"This isn't about me...this is about you, Todoroki since for some reason you hate the fact that I can freely use my power...while you can't"

As soon as he said that, the girl glared which made Izuku sigh, "Tell me the reason why you wanted to talk with me? Get it over it or I'll just leave and meet with my friends"

Todoroki simply let out a breath of cold air, "The reason why I'm against you...is because of your hate towards the Symbol of Peace"

"...What?" Izuku questioned with his eyes widened when he heard that from the girl,"Why is that the reason? Why would that be the reason for you to tell me that I'm taking advantage of others while using my quirk which works that way?"

"It's because you understand me"

Izuku reels back at that,"What do you mean?"

"You have this hate towards Allmight, the No.1 hero... while I have my father who I hate ever since my quirk awakened"

“Your… father? Endeavor?”

“Tell me, have you ever heard of Quirk Marriages?”

Izuku’s mouth hangs open. A chill rushes over his skin and down his spine, as he felt his mind go blank when he heard that.

“You mean…?”

“Yes.” That one word from Todoroki was filled with more horror than Izuku can imagine. “My father rose through the ranks quickly. He was determined to surpass All Might. But he never could. He sees him as an unmovable mountain. So if his own power wasn’t enough…” Todoroki covers her scar with his hand. “I’ll never be his tool! My mother… in all my memories of her, she’s crying. She saw this left side and could only see him. She poured boiling water on me. Do you get it now? I won’t use his Quirk, the Quirk he gave me. I’ll beat him with only my right side.” Todoroki pauses. “And that’s why you confuse me so much. You using others as a way to get more power  Why do you use it? Why do you so easily accept the power that makes you use others?"

“Because it’s mine now,” says Izuku. Todoroki twitches. “I don’t get a choice. This is what I am now. And the power that helped me to form into someone else , thanks to those who I've bonded with, I'll use them as if they were part of me since I was born.I can’t just pretend that I’m still Quirkless. Not when every step I take reminds me of the past me. So I’m going to make the most of it. How can I call myself a Hero if I don’t?” Izuku admits.

Izuku then stared at Todoroki with a look that screamed he was serious and all she could do was open and close her mouth. Then She looks away. The silence stretches until its clear that Todoroki isn’t going to say anything else.

“Everyone here,” Izuku says quietly, “is trying so hard. Even people who aren’t in the Hero Course. I can’t let myself stay so far behind. So I’ll give it my all. And I’ll win.”

Izuku leaves her in the tunnel and goes to join his friends for lunch, feeling a bit miffed but as soon as he saw his friends, it disappeared as he talks and laughed with them while enjoying the lunch and waiting for the event to determine who will make it to the top and win the Sports Festival with Izuku not realizing that he was being watched by someone as soon as he walked towards his friend group, it was none other than Cuntsuki Bakawhore with him being the only one sitting around a table since those he teamed up with didn't want anything to do with him since they saw his true nature during the Calvary Battle and during the USJ incident.

Bakawhore just glared at Izuku, 'Deku...Deku....I'll kill you!'

With his eyes having orange like lightning dancing around his eyes while wincing a bit as he looked at his hands, seeing them shaking a bit.

Tucked away in a dark corner of Kamino, an unassuming building housed a dimly lit bar. The wispy form of Kurogiri stood at the counter, wiping down glasses. Every few minutes, his glowing yellow eyes would flit to the far end of the bar, warily eyeing the twitchy figure hunched in front of an old CRT television.

Shigaraki's eyes were glued to the screen, a twitch in his left eye. He held a remote tightly in his hand, his pinky finger ramrod straight away from the device as his thumb jabbed two buttons in quick succession, over and over again. Play. Reverse. Play. Reverse.

On the grainy screen, two would-be heroes stood in front of a crumbling wall of ice.

Play.

A flash of multicolored light. Now there stood only one 'hero'.

Reverse.

Two heroes.

Play.

One hero.

If Kurogiri still had a tongue, he'd be biting it right now. Shigaraki was supposed to be watching the Festival in full, both to familiarize himself with future enemies and scope out potential allies. The second event had likely started by now, but all the young man could do was keep going back to that single moment in the first event.

"So…"

Kurogiri perked up, turning when Shigaraki finally spoke.

"Not a party-swap."

Reverse.

"A team attack."

Play.

"A Quirk that can merge people together."

One hero.

"Mind..."

Two heroes.

"Body…"

One hero.

"And Quirk."

Kurogiri sat his glass and rag down. "A unique power. Are you thinking he could be swayed to our side?"

Shigaraki snorted violently. He finally hit play and let the footage continue as intended. "Didn't you see how the brat beamed at the crowd? He's a goody-goody through and through. But his Quirk…"

Shigaraki turned slowly towards Kurogiri, his lips pulled back in a wide decrepit smile.

"Think of what the Doctor could do with it?"

Chapter End.