CHAPTER 53

It’s another quiet patrol that evening.

And for Miruko it seems she have anticipated it as She mostly uses their patrol time to teach Izuku how to make larger movements, like clearing a building in as few jumps as possible. Preferably only one.

Like all of her training, it’s brutally demanding work, but Izuku preservers. He refuses to falter in front of Miruko’s overwhelming faith in him. But by the time the patrol wraps up and the two of them hit the bathhouse, he’s definitely sweatier and more exhausted than he was the day before.

Rumi looks pensive as they return to her makeshift base. She’s biting her lip and deeper in thought than Izuku’s seen her over the past few days.

“Rumi?” he asks once they’re inside. Her ears twitch in response, so he knows she hears him, but it takes her a moment to process.

“Hmm?” she looks up at him. “Oh, sorry kit. Just…” she sighs. “You aren’t ready for Stain.” Izuku simply folded his arms as he hear this.

“Yeah?” he says. “I know?” Rumi blinks at him. “You told me I’m about on par with a Top 500. That’s… insane for someone my age, someone who knows little about his power than those who have years to know about themselves But Stain’s killed Pros in the top 250. He’s beaten Pros in the top hundred. I know I’m not ready for him...not yet.

“Well, yeah,” Rumi says. “But not just that.” She sighs. “I have to go hunt down Stain. And the patrols I’ve been doing with you aren’t cutting it. So…”

“So you want me to stay here while you do your job,” says Izuku. Rumi nods. “Okay.”

“You’re just fucking fine with that, kit?” Rumi says. “This is your internship.”

“If I had interned with anyone else I’d have already done this,” Izuku says. “Sat around learning paperwork and procedure and all that.”

“Ugh,” Rumi drags a hand down her face. “Don’t fucking remind me about the bureaucratical shit. That’s why I fucking rent places.”

“I was just gonna sleep anyway,” Izuku says with a shrug. “That’s what I did yesterday when we got back. I’ve gotta be well rested for your hell training.”

“Hell Training is where I kick the shit out of you until you fight back properly,” Rumi snipes. “If you think this is Hell Training, you’re a fucking wimp.”

“Thought you were gonna hire me to fight you for the workout?” says Izuku with a wry grin. Rumi cackles.

“That confidence suits you, kit,” she says. “Do some more of that or if ya still got energy maybe do a bit of exercise until ya pass out.

“I—” Izuku pauses, a slow smile on his lips. “Thanks, Rumi.”

“Yeah, yeah,” she says with a light wave over her shoulder as she moves for the door.

“Oh!” Izuku says just as she reaches for the handle. “Do you want me to use my element? To find Stain?” Rumi hesitates, hand over the door.

“It’s…” she stops. “What’s the range on that Quirk, anyway?” Izuku shrugs before realizing that she’s not looking at him.

“I don’t know,” he says. “At least… 580, 590 meters?”

“You’re from another fucking prefecture, right?” Rumi says. “Try using it on something from there, see if you can.” Izuku nods, focusing his Quirk on his mom. He could feel a faint buzzing as the wind helped him, the same pulling sensation, but it’s directionless.

“It’s active,” he says, “But it’s not getting anything.”

“So somewhere between about half a kilometer and about 150 kilometers,” Rumi says, running a hand through her hair. “One of your teachers can deal with that shit.” Rumi bites her lip.

“Should I—”

“No.” Rumi’s eyes are serious, her expression stern but concerned. “You’re right. It’s a great idea. But those vultures in the fucking press won’t see it that way. Neither will the Commission. And there’s no way either of us could explain how I just knew which way Stain was. Especially since UA’s keeping your Quirk shit locked down tight. If we do this… if anyone finds out… it’ll be seen as a Hero exploiting a minor. So we’ll keep your Quirk under wraps.”

“I…” Izuku lowers his head. “I understand.”

“Kit,” she says softly. “It fucking sucks. I know. But it’s not your fault. And once you’re a Pro, you can use more of what your capable of as much as you fucking want to throw shitwads like Stain in jail. I know you don’t want to hear that. But…” Izuku shakes his head.

"It's fine" he says. “I think a little paranoia is healthy at this point.”

“Fair enough,” Rumi replies with a casual shrug. “If any Villains show up here while I’m out, you have my permission to use your Quirk as you see fit, using your Asrensl of tricks at your disposal. If anyone asks, I beat ‘em up. You know how to call me if you really need to.”

“Yes, Rumi.”

After that, she’s gone into the night but before she did, she gave the green haired boy a light hug and left.

Izuku then sighs as he took a meditated stance, deep breaths, in and then out, as Izuku continued on, he could feel it, his body responding to his thoughts, as his body gave off a faint glow and he couldn't help put smirk.

"Arsenal"

A simple word was all he said as his eyes opened wide, the many elements that was within his body was seen, surrounding him like a protective barrier as inside his subconscious he was face to face with the being who chuckled towards Izuku.

"So...what now?"

A simple stretch from his body was all the being saw from Izuku as he got into a stance as he held a wild like grin.

"I'm gonna find out who you really are"

The being just laughed as it too got into a stance of its own.

"Well then...let's see how much powerful you've become....Arsenal"

Chapter End.