CHAPTER 37

Izuku felt his mind going completely dark as he heard what this...this sorry excuse of a man just said to him.

"My Miyuki...she has a duty. She will surpass All Might. Her fight against you will be an excellent proving ground for her. Do your best not to disgrace her." Endeavor turns away when Izuku finally opens his mouth to speak.

"How would you know that I wouldn't show her, her place? And besides, there's nothing I could do out there that would disgrace her as much as you have."

Endeavor, the Number Two Hero, the Flame Hero, freezes in his tracks.

"What did you just-"

"It's obvious how much she hates you," Izuku continues. "Her refusal to use her fire is pretty telling."

"Miyuki is going through a rebellious phase," Endeavor responds coolly, turning again to face Izuku in full. He's much taller than Izuku. The Flame Hero looms above him, flickering ominously in the light of his own fire.

"She'd rather die than be associated with you," Izuku says.

"I'd watch your tongue, boy."

"I don't understand what you intend to prove," says Izuku. "Even if she goes on to be the next Number One, do you really think people will say she 'surpassed All Might?' The man's at least a decade past his prime. No one will ever surpass All Might." Izuku shakes his head. "Because All Might is so much more than 'the Number One Pro Hero.' He chose to become the Symbol of Peace. To make Japan safe with his presence alone."

Izuku had to try not to throw up after what he just said and glares up at the Number Two Pro Hero in Japan. The man's posture radiates fury, a fury more extreme than even Bakugou at his worst.

"No, she'll be compared to you. Do you know what they'll say, Endeavor? That your daughter is a better Hero than you ever were. Your legacy won't be 'The Man Who Surpassed All Might.' Even if Todoroki pulled that off, that would be her legacy, never yours. No, your legacy will be the Hero who never made it all the way to the top and then lost to his own daughter." Izuku's scowl turns up into a cruel smile, one that can make a sadist proud. "The eternal Number Three."

Endeavor snarls, his flames burning hotter, higher, leaving scorch marks in the ceiling where the flames lick the tile. He tilts his head back to literally sneer down his nose at Izuku.

"You insolent little brat," he spits.

"I don't think you're allowed back here," says Izuku with the same casualness you would use to discuss the weather. "After all, this is for students and staff only. You wouldn't want to get charged with trespassing now, would you? Or, more accurately," Izuku tilts his head, "of fixing your daughter's matches. That would sure get Todoroki some notierity, huh? The Number Two's daughter can't even win without daddy dearest threatening the other kids?"

"You..." So much hatred, venom, years' worth of pent up frustrations boiling over, all bleeds together into that one word from Endeavor.

"Careful, Endeavor, it would be hard to explain why I have burns on me," Izuku says. "After all, Todoroki doesn't use her fire." Endeavor makes a horrid choking sound.

And then he left leaving the No.2 hero there while Izuku simply enjoyed the look on the heroes face.

'Wow, I had no idea I could say that much without freaking out...it's amazing'

He thought as his eye colour was ruby red the whole time.

Meanwhile in Player Waiting Room 1....