36. Getting better

Jin Pov:

The boy left not really a long time ago and the guards and me tried to come up with a great plan so we could avoid fighting. It was really dark so that would have been the best time to sneak inside. Just as we were in the middle of our conversation, we saw the sky becoming bright again and the wind became strong. The boy from before jumped down from the gray sky and quickly made his way back to the building. That wasn't a long trip that he took but his hands were full with some stuff that I couldn't make out what they were. He ripped the door open and ran inside leaving the door bright open behind himself. It was our chance. This was like destiny wanted this to happen.
"Alright everyone. We need to go inside right now." I told the guards and they looked at each other while swallowing really loudly.
"And what if someone sees us?" One of them asked and I rolled my eyes.
"Then we have to fight. I know that is not what we stand for but if there is no other way out then we have to. You are guards not little kids so get your selves together." I told them really harshly and it seemed like they were a bit embarrassed because they were scared. I placed my hand on the back of one of them and spoke again.
"We need to do this. We have to save our kids." I said and after that sentence their expression became more serious and they took a deep breath.
"Let's go. We are ready." Wonho said really serious and held his weapon to his chest.

I gave them a small smile before carefully coming out of our hideout and sneaking up to the open door

I gave them a small smile before carefully coming out of our hideout and sneaking up to the open door. My heart was beating in my throat. The situation was very serious. I peaked my head inside and all I could see was darkness. After a deep breath I stepped one foot inside and a very bad feeling caught me right away. It felt like the whole world was going down and nothing made sense anymore. I have never felt like that in my life but I had to ignore it because there was a missing we had to complete. We needed to save them.

Taehyung Pov:

I hurried back to my room and ripped the door open right away. Jungkook was still laying on the same spot and in the same position I left him in.

I haven't been gone for a long time but I still checked his pulse and made sure that he was alright

I haven't been gone for a long time but I still checked his pulse and made sure that he was alright. He was really weak. Even weaker than before and that made me worry.
"You will be alright." I said as I pulled some medication out and pressed a needle in his arm. After that I put the IV in and placed a new wet cloth on his forehead. I fixed the IV bag above the bed frame and sat down next to him in my chair. I took a deep breath and felt a bit relieved. Everything that happened was a lot but I was glad that I could somewhat handle the situation. I looked at the nearly dead boy laying before me and I hated it. I hated to see him like that and all I wanted for him was to get better. This whole situation was not making any sense. Everything changed within a couple of days but I didn't care anymore who I was or who I was supposed to be. All I cared about now was him and that he was alright. Alright and Safe with me. I couldn't let him go. Simply walking out of here with him would be way to dangerous and also in this condition he wouldn't survive on earth alone. I was the one who put him in this condition but I was also the only one who could save him. I lent closer and took a closer look of his face.

His breathing became stable and he almost looked peaceful

His breathing became stable and he almost looked peaceful. Even though he was full with bruises. I didn't want to see him like that. Broken and hurt.
"I will make it better. Everything will be alright." I told him but it was more a try to convince myself that I could make things better again but I knew that after everything that I did, that was most likely more than impossible. I wanted to believe that I didn't fully mess up.
"I wonder how he looks like when he smiles." I said while reaching my hand out and stroking over a wound on his arm. He flinched a little in his sleep by my touch and turned over to his side. I removed my fingers and lent back in the chair.
"I am loosing my last brain cell."