Obadiah Stane's Betrayal

Tony headed back to the living room, looking around for Pumpkin. They'd already watched a movie with a bowl of popcorn. He was surprised by how much of the actual popcorn she'd eaten. Jarvis had told him that rabbits actually could eat small amounts of popcorn, as well as corn chips because they need a high intake of salt. Though, it was best if they didn't eat it in high amounts.

But now, she was nowhere to be seen and he figured that'd she'd headed back to the kitchen in order to use her litter box. She was very well trained- though he didn't really know what else he had expected. She had been human once, of course she knew how to go to the bathroom.

It was probably because whenever Happy had to go to the bathroom, Pepper just let him go outside like any other dog and then had to clean up after him. A lot of times, from what he'd heard, the soulmates that turned into animals let into their animal sides naturally.

He always wondered what made a certain person turn into an animal and the other one not. A lot of people argued that it was based on dominance since a majority of the female side of the soulmates turned into animals. And if there was a same sex relationship, the smaller or more timid of the second person was the animal.

That was what he'd believed for a while. His mother, compared to his father of course, was naturally more submissive. Pepper did have a bit more umpf to her than Happy, though he was just slightly surprised.

He wondered if he still believed that, sitting down on the couch. He knew Obadiah had not been an animal. And he radiated dominance.

Tony's phone suddenly rang and he picked it up as he sat down. The minute that he answered it, hearing Pepper's voice in her ear go, "Tony?", he felt a strange buzz and the phone was taken from his hand. His entire body had seized up.

"Breathe." Obadiah's voice said as he helped Tony lay back on the couch. His first thought wasn't about Obadiah, but about Pumpkin. He had to have done something to her.

"Easy, easy." He could see the tool being held up in front of him. "You remember this one, right?"

If he'd used it on Pumpkin, it could kill her.

"It's a shame the government didn't approve of it." Obadiah said. "There's so many applications for causing short-term paralysis." Obadiah walked around to the other side, grabbing Tony's face and said his name. Tony watched as Obadiah pulled the ear plugs out of his ears, pocketing them.

"When I ordered the hit on you, I worried that I was killing the golden goose." Obadiah said, pulling a metal object out of his bag to put it over his arc reactor.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a blur coming racing across the room. Pumpkin leaped onto the table and then at Obadiah's face, scratching, clawing, and biting to the best of her ability. Obadiah dropped the metal object in surprise, reaching for her, tossing her across the room.

He wanted to cry out as Pumpkin hit the floor, skidding across it.

"Damn rabbit." Obadiah hissed, wiping blood from his face, bending down to pick up the metal instrument once more.

But Pumpkin was already back on her feet, launching herself back upwards. She knocked the metal instrument out of his hands, sending it skittering over the floor, before she bit his fingers and start to re-claw at his face.

Tony could only watch, wanting to scream at her to get out of the house, to get to safety. He could only watch as Obadiah grabbed Pumpkin- still flaying about, trying to get every inch of Obadiah that she could- and threw her even more harshly to the ground. This time, she stayed down.

Obadiah walked over, breathing heavily, even more blood dripping from new scratches in his face and picked up the metal instrument once more. He was seething as he sat back down on the couch, clearly wanting to get this over with.