Thanos. . . Again

Steve heard her scream as he fell.

"ELIZABETH!" He shouted falling himself. And then he hit the ground.

"Come on buddy, gotta wake up." Tony stomped lightly on his chest and he inhaled sharply. "That's my man."

Steve sat up quickly. "ELIZABETH?"

Tony bent down, holding his shield, "You lose this again, I'm keeping it."

"Where's Elizabeth?" Steve repeated. "What happened?"

"You mess with time it tends to mess back." Tony replied. "You'll see."

Steve followed Tony, scanning for Elizabeth, for their children, for Loki's children. Finally, they found Thor, who was standing and looking.

There was Thanos, sitting in the middle of the crater.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor answered.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked.

"Somewhere under all of this." Tony panted. "All I know is he doesn't have 'em."

"So, we keep it that way." Steve said. Suddenly, he heard Elizabeth scream. He didn't hesitate, sprinting back into the mess.

He sat her, trapped under the rubble, some sort of creature leaning over her. His shield took off its head and he helped her out from underneath. "Elizabeth?"

"Where are they?" She panicked, looking around. Only Delilah was in her arms, a small bloody scratch across her tiny forehead, "No-"

"Look at me." Steve demanded. "Focus up Princess."

Elizabeth looked at him, "Thanos is here. He has to be engaged. Can you find them and get them to a safe spot?"

"While you do what?" She asked.

"I'm going to fight him." He answered.

She looked at him and then around and nodded in determination. "Go."

He kissed her, "I love you."

"I love you too."

And he ran back to find that Tony and Thor were already getting ready to engage with Thanos.

"Let's kill him properly this time." Thor said harshly.

Thanos smiled as they approached, "You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me, that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn." Tony replied.

"I'm thankful." Thanos said. "Because now, I know what I must do." He stood. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then, with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one, teeming with life, that knows not what it has lost, but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve said.

"They'll never know it." Was Thanos' reply. "Because you won't be alive to tell them."

And the three of them attacked him.

🎃::::: 🧡 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 🧡 :::::🎃

"Astrid, wake up." Elizabeth commanded in a soothing tone, waking her daughter up from where she was laying on the stone. "I need you to wake up. You have a large task ahead of you."