Confrontation

"We don't have to do it today." Tony said, rubbing comforting circles on the back of your hand as the two of you sat in the car that was sitting across from your old house.

Looking at the house now, you weren't sure why you had been so scared of it in the first place. It was a little, two story run down place with a huge backyard with an expanse of forest. A rusty car sat in the driveway and the house was mostly silent.

At the same time, you knew it wasn't the house that scared you. It was the people inside. Your mother, father, and older brother that had decided he'd never move out. He had still yet to find his soulmate, and he had not turned animal either.

"No, the longer I put it off, the longer people will wonder why I put it off." You sighed. "I should have come here the day after the fight. Immediately. It's been two weeks. You know what happens when people wait to long for abuse cases like this. They lose."

"I have the best lawyers in the goddamn country. We're not going to lose." Tony growled. He wasn't growling at you, but in determination. He squeezed your hand. "If it makes things easier, I could just threaten them or even better, I could shoot them!"

You smiled a little but shook your head. "As much as I would love to see either of those things, taking it to court is the best option. Putting them behind bars for the rest of their lives will be satisfactory and fulfilling."

"If you say so. But maybe just a nice blast through the leg at least?" Tony asked.

You smiled a little, "We'll see. Now let's go before I chicken out again."

Tony wrapped an arm around your waist as the two of you made your way up the sidewalk. You could hear the dog barking in the house. It was an ugly little white thing that sort've looked like a mangily mop. It'd never really bothered you, but it never really liked you either. It mostly just ignored you.

"If the dog bites, I'm kicking it." Tony warned you.

"Be my guest." You replied. "It can be pretty mean."

Tony knocked on the door and you waited. You could hear your brother hollering through the house and your father's roar to answer it.

You weren't sure why you were coming here first. Natasha was actually helping behind the scenes to see if there was video evidence she could get. The original plan had been for you to go in by yourself, but Tony had refused. And you had been glad.

What was going to happen- and it made your insides turn- was he was going to leave for only a moment to go to the bathroom. You knew from experience that your parents could make quick work of you when a guest left the room for three minutes.

The door was yanked open and your father froze on the steps, his eyes wandering from you to Tony. His mouth dropped and then he straightened up. "Y/N, you're. . . home?"

You nodded, a tight smile coming across your face. Tony's hand tightened comfortingly around you.

Your father stepped back, yelling to your mother and brother to get down here. Your father shut the door behind the two of you. "You're Tony Stark." He said, eyeing Tony shrewdly. He stuck his hand out. "Mr. Y/L/N."

Tony shook his hand cordially. "Yes sir. Nice to meet you."

Tony was a fantastic actor. You knew how much he wanted to punch your father in your face.

Your father relaxed as it was 'clear' Tony knew nothing of your past life here. Your mother and brother paused on the stairs.

"Welcome home Y/N." Your mother said softly. You had been fooled many times with that 'safe' voice of hers.