Everleigh

"Tony." You cried out in pain as you started to push.

The two of you had been in the SHIELD headquarters in Texas for almost nine hours now. Or at least in the hospital wing portion of SHIELD.

Having a fear of hospitals since they were all Government owned and you, of course, not trusting the Government, you had been content with giving birth at home. You had even started looking for a doula to help you out.

But Tony refused to let you give birth at home in case there were complications. The two of you had argued about it for weeks and Everleighs' birth date grew closer and closer.

Fury was the one that had come up with the solution. You could give birth at the SHIELD base in Texas. It wasn't part of the Government hospital, the doctors were completely trustworthy, and it would be sort've like giving birth at home.

Though you were still reluctant, you agreed.

You had been at the SHIELD base for about a week now and though the birth date for your daughter wasn't until two weeks later, your water broke about ten hours ago and had gone down to the medbay to give birth.

Tony had stayed up late in the lab the past couple of days and he had dozed on and off as the hours grew longer and longer. Even you yourself was starting to doze until you were hit with hard, painful contractions.

But now, the baby was coming- or so the doctor said- and Tony was fast asleep with his head hanging over his knees. He looked like he was going to slump forwards out of his chair and crash to the tiled floor.

You knew he wouldn't want to miss the birth of your daughter, so you lashed out, hitting him with the back of your hand before your hands went back down to the sheets of the hospital bed to grip them.

Tony jerked awake with the next cry of pain and he nearly leaped out of his chair. "Y/N!"

"Please back up Mr. Stark." The doctor said.

Tony sat back down in his chair, reaching over to hold your hand. You had refused to take any sort of pain relief or drugs. You didn't want anything except a natural birth.

"Push Mrs. Stark, you're doing well." Doctor Brown said gently, "She's almost out."

"I'm never going to forgive you for this Tony." You cried out, squeezing Tony's hand so tightly he flinched.

Doctor Brown chuckled when Tony looked at her and said, "Is that a normal threat from mothers to fathers during birth?" but didn't answer him.

"There we go." Doctor Brown said as there was the biggest pressure and then relaxation as she pulled your baby girl out completely. "Skin to skin contact before we wash her off completely."

She handed you the little naked girl and you held her against your bare skin. You could already see bits of Tony in her, with the chocolate brown eyes and her nose. But she had your hair colour at the very least and her lips were curved like yours.

"She's gorgeous." Tony beamed, looking like he wanted to hold her, but also didn't want to touch her while she was still bloody.

The doctor came back and took your little girl away. You waited, anxious ever second that she was out of your arms. You strained to follow your little girl as she was taken across to the other side of the room.

"Y/N, it's alright." Tony said, putting a hand on your arm. "She's right there."

"I know, I'm just. . ." You had so many good reasons not to trust the Government of Government facilities, having experienced a lot of it. But you had to remind yourself that these were Fury's trusted people. This wasn't a Government facility and nothing bad was going to happen here to you or your child.