A Pain Like No Other

A fiery pain ripped through him and he looked at Killian with pure hate.

"A shame. I would have caught her." Killian goaded.

It was more than enough for Tony. He ran straight for Killian and Killian ran straight for him. As much as Tony wanted nothing more than to take his fists and ram them straight into Killian's face, he knew he also had to play smart.

He slid as Killian jumped, and then launched himself off the edge. Half of him hoped to miss a suit and join Y/N in the fiery abyss, but he also knew two things. One, he had to finish this job. And Two, he could never leave his daughter while there was still a chance for him to live.

He immediately went after Killian, punching him and trying to kick him. He was aware of Natasha fighting her way up the scaffold, trying to join the two of them. He couldn't see Steve or Clint. There was nothing from Rhodey either.

Killian went to punch him in the chest and he ejected, immediately jumping into another suit and continuing the fight. He backhanded Killian and then attempted to blast him several times. Killian was able to weave in and out of his blast, ducking, and punching Tony in the chest.

He kept trying to melt his suits, the only danger for them. Tony knew that if his suits were all melted, he had nothing to fight Killian with. He thought even Steve's shield would melt.

Tony went and kicked Killian, but when he went to do it again, Killian pulled the entire leg off. The two of them continued to fight, before Killian flipped him around and Tony landed harshly on his stomach.

Tony tried to get up, lifting his hand to blast him, but Killian jerked his arm to point it all the way to the sky, and so it missed.

"Well, here we are on the roof." Killian said with a smirk. Two matching dragon tattoos were across his chest, the fire making them seem to glow and breathe fire.

Tony grunted, falling backwards out of the suit before Killian's hand came down, cutting the suit in two. Tony still landed harshly, falling a good six or seven feet onto the platform below the one they'd been standing on previously. The air was knocked out of him and he grunted for breath.

"Mark 42 inbound." Jarvis told him.

"I'll be damned. The prodigal son returns." Tony said, though the jest with heavy with heartbreak. He stuck his arm out to receive it, but just as it got closer, it hit the edge of the railing and all fell into pieces. He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"You really didn't deserve her, Tony." Killian sighed. "It's a pity. I was so close to having her perfect. I didn't really know her, of course, but from what I did know of her. . . she could have been mine."

He leapt down from the roof where he had been standing above Tony. Even through Tony's rage, hurt, and need for revenge, he had to think of something. "Okay, okay, wait, wait, wait. Slow down! Slow down! You're right. I don't deserve her. Here's where you're wrong. She was already perfect."

Tears fell from his eyes as he pointed the Mark 42 to capture every body part of Killian. "Jarvis." He said with a shaking voice. "Do me a favor and blow Mark 42."

He didn't stay to look, even though he wanted to. He jumped down the blue railing. Natasha was on the ledge nearby, knocking out some of the last. Tony reached out, grabbing Nats' arm, yanking her onto the makeshift slide with him as the suit blew up, raining shrapnel down on where she had been standing.

The whole bridge started to collapse and Tony threw her and himself off the bridge. Nat actually screamed and Tony landed in his suit, and then caught her around the waist.