Reunions

"Stephen?" Sam called as he stepped into the building, quickly closing the door behind him. He looked around, seeing there were grand split stairs that led to an upstairs part of the Sanctorum. A set of stairs between the split stairs led downstairs to a basement.

It was quiet and Sam had no idea what to do. He had tossed his phone so he couldn't be tracked, and it wasn't like there was a bell he could ding to get Sorcerer's attention.

He decided he might as well start searching the place. His best bet would be to find a library if there was one. He knew there was one in Kamar-Taj- he had seen it. But he had no idea if there was one here.

Probably, right? Stephen ran the place.

"Sam?" Stephen's voice laced with surprise said at the top of the stairs. He floated down to him with the red cape and settled in front of him. "What's wrong? Your face." Stephen touched the bruise lightly with his fingers. "We have ice in the k-"

Sam fell forwards into Stephen, wrapping his arms around him tightly, and just breathing in his scent.

"What's wrong bubs?" Stephen asked softly, pulling Sam back so he could look him in the eyes. "What happened with the Avengers?"

"How much time do you have?" Sam asked wryly.

"For you I have all the time in the world." Stephen smiled a little.

Stephen led him to the bedroom, which was huge. Sam and him sat on the bed and he reiterated the entire story. He started with the mission in Lago with Rumlow, mostly because it ended with Rumlow. It seemed fitting that way, almost poetic.

He released a deep breath when he reached the end. "I couldn't. . . If Steve hadn't shown up she would have been. . . right in front of me and I couldn't do a damn thing. I felt so useless."

"It's okay." Stephen kissed the top of his head. "It all worked out in the end. Do you know if she's okay?"

"Steve took her to Wakanda." Sam sighed. "I hope she is okay."

"I can find out for you." Stephen said softly. "Stark is a very public person after all. I'm sure if anything happens one way or another it will be made public."

Sam sighed and nodded, "Thank you." After a moment he said, "I need to pack."

"Pack? Why?" Stephen asked, confused.

Sam chuckled, "You were listening, right photographic memory guy? I'm a criminal now. On the run. I can't stay here."

Stephen smirked, "You did forget I'm a Sorcerer right?"

"Wizard." Sam corrected and Stephen rolled his eyes.

"This building is protected. No one can get in. You're safe here. Well, safe from non-sorcerer's. Now if some bad sorcerer's attack that another story." Stephen sighed, "But I don't think there's many of those left."

Sam looked at him. "And I can stay?"

"Of course you can." Stephen said, pulling him completely into his arms. "I'll keep you safe."

Sam smiled, turning his head into Stephen's chest. "I love you Steph."

"I love you too bubs." Stephen said softly, kissing the top of his head again. "Get some sleep. I'll be here when you wake."

🎃::::: 🧡 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 🧡 :::::🎃

"You sure about this?" Steve asked as he approached Bucky, who was sitting on the examination table. He was wearing a white tank top and white sweatpants, matching the white aesthetic of the room. His metal arm had been removed and capped with black cloth.