Wanted

You paced the inside of the elevator, waiting for it to get from the ground floor, all the way to the top. You were looking for Steve after hearing that Fury had gotten shot and was in the hospital. You wanted information from him. Like why and how Fury was shot? Was he going to make it? And where the hell was this hospital so you could go and see him.

To your surprise, Steve was waiting outside of the elevator and he looked at you in the same surprise. The two of you rarely saw each other, even when you were both in the same building.

A smile came to your lips. "Nice suit Captain."

It was much better than his other suit, which had always reminded you of like a sweatshirt outfit. This one was a dark blue, fit and tight, also protective. It fit him better.

He didn't smile, stepping into the elevator and putting his hands on the metal bar, looking out over the ceiling.

"Steve?" You asked softly.

"Operations control." Steve said and looked over at you.

"Keep all S.T.R.I.K.E. personnel on site." A familiar, irritating voice said from behind the two of you. You turned to see Rumlow and two others enter the elevator. "Forensics."

"Confirmed." The elevator said.

"Cap." Rumlow said. "Stark." He winked at you and you ignored him. "Gonna hop in my bed later?"

"Fuck off." You growled.

"Rumlow." Steve greeted, turning so his back was now to the city. He stayed where he was, not talking to you anymore. You wondered if you had done something wrong. You turned back to look out over the city. You crossed your arms over your chest tightly.

You had left Everleigh with Tony today. Normally, the three of you spent everyday together. You were busy showing Everleigh the world while you helped Pepper run the company a little, just in case you ever wanted to take over. You were still keeping up with your training and Fury thought- had thought- that you were ready to take missions by yourself. But you didn't want to leave Everleigh.

Like said before, you and Steve barely saw each other. Barton was the one that you had spent most of your training with. But you hadn't forgotten that you owed Steve your life.

"Evidence Response found some fibers on the roof they want us to see." Rumlow said suddenly. You didn't look at him, only listening, because you figured they were talking to Steve. "You want me to get the Tac team ready?"

"No. Let's wait and see what it is first." Steve said. You couldn't help but notice that his voice was dejected. Something was really bothering him.

"Right." Rumlow said.

Suddenly, the elevator opened and more people filed in. You and Steve were separated slightly by the amount of people who were there and you kept your back to them, deciding to focus on the view than how crowded it was starting to get.

"Administrations Level."

"Confirmed."

You wondered if Tony had been the one to get the voice operating elevators into place. It sounded like something he could design. You'd ask him when you got home. You were sure he'd love to brag about it.

The elevator opened again.

"Records."

"Confirmed."

You glanced over to see that three more people had joined and that Steve looked worried. Maybe he was claustrophobic too.

"Before we get started." Steves voice suddenly said. "Does anyone want to get out?"