Staying Home

Tony was going to Monaco and you were staying in Malibu. He was going to some sort of car racing event and you weren't allowed at the event. No spirit animals were allowed at the event actually, so it wasn't like you were being singled out. It was just annoying that you had to stay in the house, mostly by yourself. Pepper and Happy were going with Tony, so Rhodey was to swing by and check in on you whenever he could.

You supposed staying in the big house by yourself wouldn't be so bad. You could sleep wherever you wanted now and watch TV. You'd become a master at working the remote with your paws over the almost full year that you'd been in the large mansion.

But it would be lonely. You had gotten used to Tony's almost constant presence and if you weren't with Tony, Pepper was always there.

You hadn't seen Natalie anymore and things were basically normal between you and Tony now. Besides, you knew she had a soulmate and you shouldn't have gotten jealous in the first place, because once you were soulmated, there would be a pain that came with cheating. And no one wanted to feel that pain.

But you couldn't help but feel inadequate next to her. Even in your human form, you would never be as amazing as her. And if there was one thing you knew about Tony, he was always comparing everyone he knew to people he met. And vice versa. There would inevitably be a comparison made between you and Natalie. And if it wasn't Natalie he compared you to, it would be some other super model or reporter that he'd slept with before.

Needless to say, you were not supermodel material. You barely spoke English properly and you definitely could not defend yourself.

At the moment, Tony was packing up the last bits for the journey. Pepper was already at the airport with Happy, so Rhodey was the one picking up Tony to bring him to the airport.

"You got everything man?" Rhodey asked as Tony slung the bag over his shoulder.

"Nope." Tony said cheerfully, reaching over to pluck you off of the counter. You immediately latched onto his clothes gently with your claws.

"You know the rules, you can't bring her." Rhodey sighed.

"She can come to the airport with me at least. I don't see why she can't stay in the hotel room at least." Tony grumbled under his breath.

"Because no one will be at the hotel to watch over her." Rhodey sighed. "And you're still famous man. Still Iron Man. You can't leave her in the hotel room defenseless."

You flicked your ears around. Defenseless. You'd scratch anyones eyes out that tried to take you.

"Yeah, yeah." Tony muttered, but he didn't argue. You'd watched him for the past week try and find a loophole so that he could bring you with him to the race. He'd even looked into bribing someone, but there was to much backlash that would come with it.

You sat in Tony's lap in the car. He played with you, having you stand on your hind legs while he kept your front paws gently in his hands, making you dance a little. You felt a little silly, but his look of adoration on his face was worth it.

When he did release you, you climbed up his chest to snuggle up on his shoulder between the headrest and his ear. And the two of you were content for the rest of the car ride.

🎃::::: 🧡 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 🧡 :::::🎃

Tony stood in the bathroom after his incredibly grating talk with Justin Hammer and Christine Everette, two people he had not expected to be here. The chances of the both of them being here together on the same day was incredibly annoying.