Asgard

Elizabeth stopped as they were in the dungeons. Thor and Rocket continued to sneak past Loki's cell, but Elizabeth couldn't, her breathing suddenly shaky. Neither Thor nor Rocket noticed as they quickly hurried through the end door.

She watched Loki then, watching him as he laid down. He was flipping an object in his hands, seemingly bored.

Her eyes filled with tears and she stepped closer, putting her hand against the glass. She couldn't breathe. Couldn't think.

He suddenly looked over and sat up, "Pet?"

A tear fell down her cheek without her noticing. He frowned and stood up, "You're not. . . you're not her." He paused and then said confused, "No. . . you are, but you're from the future."

"Loki." She whispered. He put his hand on the glass by hers.

"Pet?"

She blinked, realizing she had just let herself be seen but. . . it couldn't be that bad. She hurried to where she used to use her entrance and stepped into the cell. "Loki." She repeated, before running into his arms, sobbing.

She felt his slender arms around her body as he hugged her back tightly. "Oh my little kitten."

He pulled back, cupping her face. "I'm guessing the future isn't kind to you?"

"I- I shouldn't have let you see me." She whispered. She suddenly realized. . . if she got out of the suit. . . if she stayed here. . . she would be with him. But. . . there was another version of her here. And if she remembered the day correctly, her second person wouldn't be here in to much longer. "But, I forgot."

Loki looked down at her, "Why is your future self in the past?"

"I can't tell you." Elizabeth whispered, eyes filled with tears again. "I miss you so fucking much."

Lokis' eyes filled with terrible understanding, "Ah. . . I see."

"I should make you forget." Elizabeth mumbled.

"But you won't, will you." Loki said.

"I can't do it to you." Elizabeth said, full out crying now.

"Shh, pet." Loki whispered softly. "Pet look at me."

Elizabeth looked him, trying to control her tears.

"I love you." Loki whispered softly. "I don't know if I get to tell you that later or not. But I love you. Now you must go. Your present self will be here any moment."

Elizabeth nodded and reached up, kissing his cheek. "I love you too."

"Go." Loki said softly. Her sight was to blurry to see anything in front of her as she stumbled out of the room. She ran down the hallway, sobbing loudly, before closing the door behind her. She found the closet and slid down on the other side, wrapping her arms around her legs. She rocked back and forth, sobbing her soul out and realizing that maybe she shouldn't have come here after all.

🎃::::: 🧡 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 🧡 :::::🎃

"All right," Rocket said in exasperation as he jumped down from the stone he'd been standing on. The mission hadn't even started and they'd already lost Elizabeth. Thor said she'd probably stayed behind in her dungeons, the man they'd been hiding from was her dead soulmate or something sappy like that.

"Here's the deal, tubby. You're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing." Rocket said, brandishing what was going to get the Reality stone in his hand. "and extract the Reality stone, and get gone lickety-split."