The Press Conference

You sat curled up in Tony's lap as Pepper tended to his wounds and Tony read the newspaper. He made sure to flip the paper backwards so that he was able to hold in one hand, so that he could stroke you with his other hand.

Rhodey was on the screen, talking about the Iron giants that had been seen. He was covering most of what was being asked. It seemed, to you, that Rhodey was Tony's best friend.

Rhodey had also saved you, so you owed him your life. He had gotten you, not to a vet clinic, but their house and had explained the situation. It turned out she was actually the same vet that had taken care of you the first time and let you in without any problems.

She'd taken care of you to the best of her abilities- rabbits were very hard creatures to take care of. She taped up what she could and attempted tiny casts. She ordered Rhodey to keep you with her until you were healed so that she could check your progress.

Tony had come by the next day after he was released from the hospital to check in on you. He'd retold you the entire story of how he'd defeated Obadiah and you were glad that he was irrevocably dead.

The vet- whose name was Dr. Tenpenny- talked to Tony about your recovery and the course for the rest of your recovery when you went home with him. She also mentioned about Tony trying to track your parents down once more.

Tony nodded and he got straight to work on it. He had talked to you, and you had agreed nonverbally to lead him to your house so that he could arrest your parents. Of course, the charges wouldn't actually be able to be upheld in court until you were human and could verbally speak against them. That bit scared you.

You hadn't become human yet, despite the new connection that Tony and you had. You cared for him deeply and respected him, but you weren't sure if it was love yet. Not to mention, the two of you hadn't been together for very long and a lot of that time was spent in silence, watching him work.

He was making a newfound effort however, spending more time with you in the living room. A lot of times the two of you were watching TV shows or movies. He had discovered that you liked Harry Potter especially so the movies had been playing on re-runs for a while.

At the moment, Tony was reading about himself- always the narcissist- while Pepper reached over to take the butterfly bandage off the edge of his nose.

"'Iron Man.' That's kind of catchy. Got a nice ring to it." Tony said out loud. "I mean, it's not technically accurate. The suit's a gold-titanium al-loy, but it's kind've evocative, the imagery, anyway."

Agent Coulson suddenly approached, a blue piece of paper in his hand which he handed to Tony saying, "Here's your alibi."

"Okay." Tony said, lifting his hand from your body so that he could take the slip of paper.

"You were on your yacht."

"Yeah."

"We have port papers that put you in Avalon all night, and sworn statements from 50 of your guests."

"See, I was thinking maybe we should just say it was Pumpkin and me alone on the island."

"That's what happened." Coulson agreed.

"All right." Tony said happily, folding up the blue piece of paper and putting the newspaper aside, picking you up gently in both hands to put you on his shoulder. You snuggled into him happily, closing your eyes.

"Just read it, word for word." Coulson warned him.

"There's nothing about Stane here." Tony said as he flipped through the blue cards.