Plans

Steve leaned against the wall of the kitchen, watching the scene before him. Natasha was sitting at the dining room table with Bruce standing behind her, cleaning his glasses. Clint's daughter- or well, Clint, Natasha, and Laura's daughter- was standing by Nat's side, showing her something she had drawn.

Meanwhile, Fury was helping himself to a glass of water at the sink and he was addressing the lot of them. Steve wasn't quite sure how long Fury had been onto them, but he suspected it was for a pretty long time.

Tony was around as well, but Y/N was nowhere to be seen.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself some time. My contacts all say that he's building something." Fury said. "The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked.

"Oh, he's easy to track." Fury responded, "He's everywhere. The guy is multiplayer faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

Steve watched Clint walk by, still feeling slightly angry all of this was hid from him. And another part of him was jealous because this was the exact life he wanted.

Except Ultron was right. Steve didn't know what to do without a war. How could he possibly settle down with a family?

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked from across the kitchen, throwing darts at the board.

"Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway." Fury said, cutting up some of the food for dinner.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony said scathingly and Steve rolled his eyes.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that."

"Nexus?" Steve asked.

"It's the world Internet hub in Oslo." Bruce answered for him. "Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth."

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked, eyeing one of the darts while Tony went and grabbed the rest off the board.

"He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." Fury said.

"By whom?" Tony asked and then flinched as Clint threw the darts, two of them landing directly in the middle though Tony hadn't moved. Tony glared at Clint who smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

"Parties unknown." Fury said.

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asked softly.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing." Fury responded. "Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo." Tony said. "Find our unknown."

"Well, this is good times boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha said.

"I do. I have you." Fury said. "Back in the day I had eyes everywhere. Ears, every else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the Earth. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Natasha said.

Steve huffed, "You know what, Romanoff?"

"So, what does he want?" Fury asked.

"I know." A firm voice said from the side of the room and Y/N walked through. She had changed from her beauti- her other outfit and was now in her catsuit.