What do you mean, 'I have to stay'

"Remember," Elizabeth listened as Bruce informed Steve, "You'll have to return the stones to the exact moment they were taken. Otherwise, we're still looking at a whole bunch of nasty alternative realities."

"Don't worry Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve said, flipping the case down. Sam was standing beside him. Elizabeth and Bucky stood just a little further back.

"You know, if you want. I could come with you." Sam offered as the two walked away from Bruce.

Elizabeth felt irritated with the brace her arm was in. And also self conscious of the way the burns were on her face. Bruce had cleaned up much easier than she had. Her arm still hurt, but she was staying quiet about it.

"You're a good man Sam. This one's on me, though."

Bucky was holding Rose in his arms. Astrid and Halfdan were sitting on the benches nearby, holding the rest of the kids, though Sage and Delilah were in baby carriages. Bucky drew Steve aside, and Elizabeth pretended she wasn't listening. "Steve. . . are you. . . are you going back for Peg-"

"No." Steve murmured. "My family is here Buck. Not with Peggy."

Steve kissed Bucky's cheek and Elizabeth pretended that she hadn't heard. Steve smiled lovingly at her. "You gonna be a good girl till I get back Princess?"

"Don't tease." Elizabeth pouted up at him as he cupped her good cheek. "I can't even have sex yet till the arm heals up."

Steve smirked, kissing her good cheek, and then the corner of her lips, then turned back to Bucky. "Don't do anything stupid till I get back."

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky smirked, leaning forwards to kiss him on the lips, before lifting Rose a little higher on his hip. Then Steve stepped up onto the platform, which also contained Thor's hammer.

"How long is this gonna take?" Sam asked as Elizabeth watched Steve get into his white uniform.

"Still looks hot." She called out with a laugh. He glared at her.

"Don't tease. . . kitten. That ass'll be red when I get back." Steve smirked.

Bucky chuckled as she whimpered and pouted, "What have you done to that innocent cinnamon roll doll?"

"I think that's your fault." Elizabeth muttered. "He was like that when I bought him."

Steve glared at the both of them, "I can hear both of you."

"That's the point." They said together as Tony and Y/N walked up the hill, hand in hand. Everleigh and Morgan walked after them, Tony was holding Arlo in his arms.

Steve just shook his head, pointing a finger at them, "You're both trouble."

"Spank him first." Elizabeth pointed at Bucky. Bucky glanced at her. "Oh doll. . ."

Bruce sent Steve back before any more banter could happen.

"Hey." Tony said calmly and Elizabeth glanced over. "Let me check the arm."

"Now?" Elizabeth pouted again. She'd avoided the appointment for this reason.

"You skipped the appointment." Tony said. "Give."

Elizabeth sighed, turning and winced as Tony checked it. Tony gave her a knowing look, "Elizabeth. . ."

"More time." Elizabeth muttered, "Please?"

"The cells are not regenerating tissue." Tony said under his breath. "Elizabeth if you keep your arm like this, it's going to get infected and amputation will be necessary, perhaps higher up than it is now. I'm trying to keep you alive."