Party

You smiled, wearing a blue dress and holding Everleigh, hanging out at the pool table, watching Steve and Sam play.

Sam whooped as he pocketed a ball and Steve grinned, biting his bottom lip.

Thor was talking with a bunch of soldiers while Bruce awkwardly darted around, avoiding everyone. Nat and Rhodey were talking on the couch and Clint was talking to Cho in the corner of the room, the two of them holding drinks.

The two of them finished their game and walked off together.

You were mostly avoiding everyone as well, like Bruce. At these sorts of things, Tony had to entertain everyone, though he tried to get as much time with you as possible. You didn't really mind.

At the moment, he was talking with Rhodey, Thor, and a woman in a red dress. Thor and Tony seemed unimpressed as Rhodey was talking.

Thor corralled you eventually and you found yourself standing with an old man and Steve, along with Thor.

"I gotta have some of that." The old man said, pointing to the liquor that Thor was pouring.

"No, no no." Thor chuckled, "See this, This was aged for one thousand years." Thor said impressively, handing it over to Steve. "in the barrels built from the wreck of Grunhel's fleet. It is not meant for mortal men."

"Neither was Omaha beach, blondie." The old man said as Thor poured himself a cup. Steve smelt his with skepticism. "Stop trying to scare us. C'mon."

"All right." Thor said and not only did he pour the man one, but he poured you one as well.

You took it, knowing you didn't really like alcohol, but figured you might as well try a small sip. It probably couldn't hurt.

Steve immediately took the shot from you. "Absolutely not."

You pouted at him, hoisting Everleigh on your hip because she wanted down.

Steve just shook his head and it was probably a good thing too, because the older gentlemen were absolutely shell shocked after having it. One of them stood so still, like a mannequin, the other was asleep at the table, and the one that had asked for it was being led out gently by two men.

You decided to leave the party a little, going out to the balcony. The weather was nice tonight, the wind flowing along your skin. You sighed in a bit of relief, realizing how much you hated crowds. Not that this necessarily constituted as a crowd, but it was a small space with a lot of people in it.

You wondered where the Maximoff twins were. Had they gone back to what remained of HYDRA? Or were they on their own?

Why would two young kids, who were only sixteen and could barely drive here in the states, volunteer for HYDRA test trials? What were they hoping to do? Or change? Sokovia was a mess. Were they really hoping that HYDRA would help them save it?

After all, visiting the base, Tony's robots had gone to help the civilians so they didn't get hurt and the robots had come back in pretty bad shape. Voice recordings heard they had been shouting for the Avengers to go home.

Maybe in these parts, HYDRA was friend and not foe.

"Hey." Sam's voice interrupted your thoughts.

"Oh hey." You said, startled. You'd thought he'd left. "I thought you were leaving?"

"I am in a minute." Sam admitted, "But I saw you come up here. Tony do you wrong? I can punch him for you."

You laughed, "No, everythings fine. I get a little claustrophobic in crowds. I just came out here for some air. Tony's fine."