The Fight of a Lifetime

"Hey Cap, we got a situation here." You heard Sam say into the coms. He was outside already and you just exited the palace to see him, Bucky, and Elizabeth standing there. Elizabeth was already kneeling, her sniper pointed at the ceiling. Her hands were covered in turquoise whisps and she shot and one of the things immediately exploded in mid air. She, however, nearly collapsed right then and there.

"Stop using your magic reserves." You snapped at her, helping her to her feet.

"If. . . If I can take them. . . down before they get here."

"You can't knock another one out without burning yourself up. I won't let you." You said, almost angrily. "I will knock you out and toss you in the dungeon, understand?"

"Yep." Elizabeth sighed.

Another one exploded as it was met by the shield the Wakandans had up.

"God I love this place." Bucky said.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet guys." Rhodey said, always the downer. "We got more incoming outside the dome."

You took special vehicles that almost looked like land boats. Except. . . they were on land and. . . they were hovering.

Bruce had been given a suit that Tony had clearly made just for him. It was called the Hulk Buster and it was basically like being the Hulk without being the Hulk. Bruce ran alongside the hover boat things while Sam and Rhodey flew above the rest of you. Your heart pained, knowing Tony should have been up there as well.

"I've got two heat signatures breaking through the treeline." Rhodey informed the lot of you as he flew overhead.

You slid out of the boat as it came to a stop, you and Elizabeth running side by side, to join the rest of the Avengers. You and her stood on the outerskirts of the group.

Steve, Bucky, Nat were really the only ones. Nat, Steve, and T'Challa all went forwards to meet the brute that had been in New York and the female that had attacked Vision and Wanda. You waited nervously.

Elizabeth had her sniper already to her eye, kneeling again. You looked down at her.

"They'll lower the shields. Minute they do I'm shooting." She said steadily.

"How do you know they'll drop the shields?" You asked her.

"Because they'll use forces over and over to vaporize against. Eventually, the wall will become weak. And they'll circle around the entire wall. If they circle around the entire wall, they'll surround us and we'll all be killed. But if T'Challa strategically chooses a moment to drop the walls, the creatures are to dumb to think about flanking then."

"You should have been in the army." You responded lightly.

"I tried to join the Navy." Elizabeth sighed.

"Why didn't you?"

"Mom wouldn't let me."

You chuckled. "Wonder what she would think now."

"Suppose we'll find out after the fight." Elizabeth replied.

"They surrender?" Bucky asked as the three of them rejoined the group.

"Not exactly." Steve replied.

The Wakandans started up their tribal chants and you heard Elizabeth suck in a breath as the aliens started.

"What the hell?" Bucky whispered.

"What?" You asked sharply, noticing she slung her sniper rifle over her shoulder, pulling out an AR-12 like you instead, and got to her feet immediately.