Flight to Wakanda

"Drop to twenty-six hundred, heading 0-3-0." Steve ordered Sam as he flew the ship.

"I hope you're right about this." Sam said in a warning voice. "Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to."

Steve headed back to the passenger part of the Quinjet. Vision, Wanda, and Pietro were sitting in one corner. Bruce and Nat were sort've sitting together. Y/N was sitting there, chin in her hand, seemingly thinking.

Elizabeth was in the back corner, curled up in a ball. All of her kids, along with Y/N's kids- were left at the Avengers Compound under the watchful eyes of Rhodeys' new soulmate, who wasn't an Avenger at all.

Steve hesitated, and then went and sat down next to Elizabeth.

"Hey." He said softly.

She looked over at him and he saw she hadn't been crying. But she looked rather dead in the eyes. She met his though and smiled a little, "You look so different." She whispered.

"Is it a good thing?" He asked.

"I don't really like change." Elizabeth whispered. "It makes me uncomfortable and my OCD hates it, especially in rooms. If posters get moved and whatnot but. . . I don't know. It's kind've like you changed as the world made you change. Before when you were free you had the gold hair like the sunny side. And now you've got darker hair, like the darkness as you run."

He smiled a little. She breathed in deeply and then asked, "How is Bucky? Is he doing okay?"

"He's been doing good the few times I've been able to check up on him. He went into cryo and didn't get out to long ago, just a couple of months. His trigger words are gone, which is good. He doesn't have another arm though. . . but he's been living on the farm. A peaceful life."

"Good." Elizabeth said softly, resting her chin on her knees. "He deserved it."

Steve reached out, gently sliding his fingers along the back of her hand. He squeezed her hand gently. "I'm so sorry for your loss Elizabeth. I'm so so sorry."

She nodded, sucking in breath, straightening her back a little. Her eyes locked onto Steve's. "I'm going to kill him. He's mine."

Steve felt a bit of fear go through him on that. The idea of her going up against this massive Titan. . . he didn't like it one bit. He would make sure to stay by her side throughout the fight. And if she did go after Thanos. . . he would help her.

As the Quinjet lowered in front of the palace, she went ahead and stood up and Steve finally got to see what she was wearing. It was all green, gold, and black colours, wrapping around her body, showing off the right parts of her skin. Tight in the right places, curvy in the right places. Her hair braided back and put up in an intricate bun.

Swords, knives, bow, arrows, shurikens, even a sniper rifle that she picked up from underneath her chair. She was set with all of it.

"Elizabeth," He said softly, standing as well to lead the rest of them out. "I will not stop you. . . but you remember you have five kids waiting for you at home. Please?"

Elizabeth trembled a little and then nodded a bit jerkily. "I know."

He led the group out, shaking hands with T'Challa as he reached him, "Seems like I'm always thanking you for something."

Bruce started to bow and T'Challa waved his hands, "We don't do that here." Steve saw Rhodey smirk out of the corner of his eye.

"So how big of an assault should we expect?" T'Challa asked, leading the way.

"Uh, sir," Bruce interjected, "Sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault."

"How we looking?" Y/N asked on the other side of Natasha.