23

The Team was driving through the Desert

The Team was driving through the Desert. Sandy asked, "Are we sure we're going in the right direction?" Tang shrugs, "Not a clue. All Monkey King said to do was head west, so-" Mei popped up looking at the map in Tang's hands, "How did anyone ever get anywhere using these?" Wukong questioned, "Yo, blue thing, want to crank up that AC, brother?" Mei turns to him annoyed, "Uh, hey. Little help us front, Monkey King?" However Wukong tilts his head and "snores". Mei yelled, "Hey, I know you can hear me!"

Wukong retorts "No, I can't." He went back to "sleeping". Y/n softly sighs and MK suddenly says, "Mei, Monkey King needs to recharge after his fight with Nezha. He is in no state to waste his time on mere mortals. Especially now that I don't have my powers." Pigsy turns surprised, "Whoa, he told you that?" Zhong deadpans as he played with Mo. MK nods, "We have a very honest relationship, Pigsy. Besides, that kind of Mystic Monkey meditation requires complete focus, apparently." Pigsy facepalmed while Mei and Y/n sigh.

Sandy grins, "Come on, MK, don't be so glum! We'll roll down that window. Little fresh air never hurt-" He screams as flames fly in through the window. "That's so much worse!" Sandy rolls the window back up as Mo and Zhong quickly stamp out the fire from his hair. Pigsy sighed, "Kid, you know there's more to you than just your powers, right?" MK grins, "Exactly. I've accepted until I get my staff back. I'm not gonna be the strong one anymore, which is why I'm gonna be... the smart one!"

Y/n softly giggled a bit. Tang crossed his arms, "Excuse me?" Mei sighs, "Oh, MK." "a² + b² = c² oh, that's a triangle, boi!" Tang sighed and deadpans, "Right, so how did this map work exactly? How does it know where to find the three Rings of Samadhi?" MK yelled with a grin, "This sounds like a job for Smartie Kid!" He went over to the front and examines the map, "I guess that symbol looks kinda like that one?" Mei then points to the large white circle, "What is this then?" MK hums, "Uh... a giant white circle?"

Pigdy huffed, "Not to rush anyone, but how far until the next pit shop? This desert is going on forever!" MK still looks at the map, "Hm, well if this map is up-to-date, then it looks like we're pretty close to... something?" Tang, Mei, and Pigsy groan. Y/n softly sighed as MK chuckles, "It's fine, guys!" He turns to Sandy, "Right, Sandy?" Sandy grins, "Of course, yeah." Then the T.E.A. breaks down as the group looks at the thermometer. Sandy sweatdrops, "Oh, uh, I mean no."

---

Sandy, Zhong, and MO take a look at the engine while the others check out the desert. Mei questioned, "So, how is meditating going to help him recharge or whatever he's doing?" Mk shrugs, "I don't know. He's a little sketchy on the details." MK recalls what Wukong said before he went into meditation:

"Sometimes to find what we lost, we need to begin where we started. Look within ourselves. So I'm gonna do just that and go into some deep meditation. Wake me up sometime in the next uh, I don't know, hundred years. Okay? Bye!" Then Wukong enters his transcendental meditation. MK stares in shock, "Wait, what?!"