36

The sworn brothers are sitting around a table on Flower Fruit Mountain, having a feast

Demon Bull King yelled, "Such foolishness!" He then huffs, "Now, tell them what you said next." Sun Wukong then says, ""You dare insult me, you old cad?! I shall henceforth be known as the Great Sage Equal to Heaven! I will muck out your Pony stalls... no longer! Monkey King out!""

Everyone around the table laughs. Yellowtusk chuckled, "Wukong, we're to believe you gave the Jade Emperor such lip?" Wukong shrugs, "Well, I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea. They're calling it the "Havoc in Heaven!"" Peng shakes his head, "What na insolent, little chimp you are."

Macaque nervously asked, "You're really going through with this?" Wukong nods, "Correction." He then picks up a gourd and drinks it. He then belched, "We're really going through with this. Like always! Monkey bros getting into some cheeky mischief." Macaque shook his head and looked at his hands, "Look, Wukong, I get you're excited, I do. But crossing the Jade Emperor is gonna have consequences and... you're not listening." He sighs while Wukong puts on banana bunches, imitating the Jade Emperor, "I am the Jade Emperor!"

Demon Bull King shakes his head, "Hilarious little monkey." Peng looked at Macaque, "You always were the most cowardly of the bunch, Macaque. Sinking around in the shadows like a rodent." He crossed his arms, "Well, I, for one, am done with squabbling for scraps."

Yellowtusk nods in agreement, "Indeed. The Jade Emperor and his followers have loaded long enough with no regard for those they rule." "The realm is well overdue for new leadership, and I think we all know the best and for the job," said Demon Bull King. Wukong looked at him, "Aw, when did you become such a big sweetheart?" Then Demon Bull King yelled, "Not you!" He huffs, "A true leader should be big, strong, and handsome, like Azure Lion."

Peng agrees, "Yes. Huh, Azure would look perfect on the throne!" "An ideal figurehead instead," said Yellowtusk. Then Azure Lion laughs, "I'm flattered, truly, but were it not for Sun Wukong bringing together, right?" Wukong nods as Azure Lion continued, "Without you, none of this would be possible. Your courage to stand up to the Celestial Host has inspired us to finally take a stand. To make a true difference in the world. And I could think of none other more suitable to lead us on our conquest than you, brother."

Peng grins, "Yes!" The group laughs as Wukong shrugs, "Alright, if you insist." He then catches Macaque glaring at him. He turned to him with his arms raised, "Relax, bud! When this is over, we'll be back here, basking in the sun, getting fat on fruit for the rest of... well, forever! Like we always wanted."

Then a smile breaks on Macaque's face, "Whatever you say, Wukong."

---