28

The gang is driving in the T

The gang is driving in the T.E.A.. Y/n watches MK as he was drawing and humming to himself. Mei asked. "So, what are you doing, MK?" MK continues to draw, "Just doodling." Wukong gives a thumbs up, "Looking good, bud." Tang asked, "Oh. Did you do any drawings of me, MK?" MK nods, "Yeah." He points behind him which there was a trash can with many crumbled up paper balls, "They're over there. I didn't like how any of them turned out, though. It was hard to make you look, uh, cool. You know, you get it."

Zhong deadpans and purrs when Y/n headpats him. Tang takes a paper from the Trash Can, "What? But I'm like the coolest guy you know." That's when Sandy yelled, "Hey guys. Land ho!" Everyone gasped when they see the Lantern City. Wukong let's out a content sigh, "Hasn't changed a bit."

The scene jumpsuits to Wukong disguised in the crowded sky train, "Okay, maybe it's changed a little."

They arrive in Lantern City. Tang looks down at the map, "So if this map is correct, the last Ring of Samadhi should be around here somewhere. I mean, that looks as good a place as any to look for- hey!" Everyone leaves Tang behind the monorail car. Y/n quickly drags Tang behind her by the wrist as she deadpans.

Wukong says while rummaging through the boxes, "All right. I remember throwing the Ring around here somewhere." Mei questioned, "I thought you hid it?" Wukong shrugs, "Yeah, by throwing it, into the crust of the Earth, where no one could find it. Keep up, Dragon Pony Girl." Y/n looks around in confusion, "Uh, is there an important event going on?" Pigsy nods, "Seems like it." MK sighs and decides to approach a vendor. MK waves, "Hi." He then asked, "So What's up, is there some kind of festival going on?"

The vendor nods, "Of course. It's the Ring of Light Festival." Y/n turns surprised, "Can you explain what that is?" The Vendor chuckles, "Why of course, dear." The group minus Y/n glares at him. The Vendor cleared his throat, "Legends say that the Lantern City was once a desolate village, until Monkey King thrust the Ring of Light into the Earth, transforming the city into the prosperous metropolis it is today. Every year we hold a festival celebrating Monkey King's gift of the great Ring of Light." Y/n deadpans, "Uh, thanks for the info." Pigsy sarcastically says, "So much for the Rings being a secret." Tang nods, "Mm-hmm."

Wukong just laughs and the Vendor asked, "So, you gonna buy something?" Y/n sighs and pays. Everyone is now decked out in festive apparel. Pigsy asked, "So what? We're just going to wander around until we stumble upon the Ring, or-" "Of course not, Pigsy," Tang says while shaking his head. Tang says, "I think I know exactly where the Ring is." Then Wukong states, "It's in the giant Lantern in the middle of the city." Tang frowns, "Hey! That's what I was going to say!" Y/n pats his back in a comforting matter as Tang sighs.

MK asked, "How do you figure?" Wukong answers, "Somehow, the villagers found my super well-hidden magic ring, there's a giant magic lanternin the middle of the city, I'm going to say they put it in that. It's two plus two, bud." MK lightly gasped, "And two plus two is three. The third ring." Y/n softly chuckles as Mei sighs, "Big brain boy coming through." Pigsy groans in annoyance while Wukong hands Sandy a flier, "There you go, blue guy. You haven't said anything in a while. Read this." MK asked, "Can't read?" Wukong sweatdrops, "I get stage fright. Or something..." Y/n and Zhong tilts their heads confused.