43

The Monkie Kids have found themselves in a new place

The Monkie Kids have found themselves in a new place. MK asked, "Azure? Where's Monkey King and Y/n?" Azure just grips the Scroll of Memory. Mei shouts, "Explain yourself, Azure!" MK turns confused, "What are you-" "Azure has been lying to us, MK," stated Tang. Sandy frowns, "Um, maybe we should give Mr. Lion a chance to explain." Tang retorts, "No, I saw it! Here. Whatever this place is. Him! Plotting down to take down the Monkey King. That was his plan all along, to trap Monkey King inside that scroll inside that scroll and do something sinister, something bad, probably. And ever since Y/n is the Jade Princess. That was also his plan to trap her inside the scroll too so that she wouldn't get in the way!" Azure Lion looks at Tang in surprise, before looking away with a hum.

Mei shouts, "See?! He's basically admitting it! And to think I modeled my brand new sword after yours! Gross!" Azure Lion looks back to the group, "It wasn't my intention to deceive you, but I knew you wouldn't understand. Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness, not permission." He then held the scroll that contains Y/n in it and just wears the scroll around his neck. Mei frowns, "Ooh, okay. Then I hope you won't be upset when I don't ask permission for this!" Mei lunges forward with her blade out in front of her. However Azure Lion steps away and around, unleashing a volley of Ink from the scroll. Mei leaps away from it. She then leaps up and brings down her sword through an opening, but a hand reaches out from the scroll and a brilliant flash of light explodes. She finds her blow blocked by a pair of golden wings.

The bird smirks, "Greetings, little girl." He opens up his wings which throws Mei off balance as her back slams into a pillar. MK turns worried, "Mei!" Azure Lion frowns, "Hold on." Tang also shouts, "Mei!" Then the rest of the Monkie Kids leap at them, but Sandy quickly pushes Tang our of the way at the sight of another weapon coming at them. Pigsy crashes to the ground while Sandy tries to hold it off, but is defeated by a giant elephant. Mei groans and looks up to see a Ji pointed at her by the bird, who had his claw on Tang pinning him down.

MK stands up, "No! Please, Azure." However his form starts to flicker again. The bird grins, "If it isn't the Great Monk Tang Sanzang. You cannot imagine how I've longed for this moment." Azure Lion stopped him, "Peng, stop! This man isn't who you think." Peng laughs and puts his wings away, "Took you long enough, brother." He gets off of Mei and Tang as went over to Azure Lion, "I feel as though I've been trapped in that cursed thing for 1,000 years." The elephant questioned, "How long has it been?" Azure Lion smiled, "Oh, I don't know, truth be told. Yellowtusk, bring it in, old friend." The two hug. "Azure."

Then the two stopped hugging, Azure Lion looked at MK, "MK, I'm sorry things got so out of hand. Let me introduce you to my brothers, The Golden Peng and Yellowtusk the Wise." Tang sits up, "So, this was all just some elaborate plot to break your friends out of prison or whatever that scroll is?" MK shouts, "But why not just tell us?!" Mei frowns, "He's a villain, MK. We never should have trusted him." Azure Lion sighs, "Okay, okay. An explanation. I owe you that at least. If you will allow me." He then unrolls the scroll and opens a memory for MK and him.