"Va'aburnee."

Au inspired by:
"Girl From The Other Side."
(Okay so in the story small medvial towns lived blocked off and often abandoned bc outside the walls are creatures that spread almost a disease, in an abandoned village a little girl and a monster live together)

Au:
When forced from his daughter a father searches with her siblings all their lives to find her again, when he arrives at the village he finds "a monster" caring for his now 5 yr old daughter.
—————————————
"So I'm losing by there side, I'll be there on their side."

          Bryan's POV

—————————————

I'm yet to forgive them, that day they called her infected, they wished to kill her. They left her in the now abandoned village to die, they dragged me and my other two kids from her, I have never forgiven them.

They fear the monsters out there so much they've become their own.

Lotus and Atlas have turned 5, none of us have forgotten her, we still search yet most nights I have no closure except for the soft embrace of my tired mind to final crumble and force me to rest.

Today we finally found the village...

But one of the house, was much less decayed those surrounding, so we moved that way.

I kept the two behind me, with strict instructions to run back to the village should anything happen.

I reached my hand to the door, and gently tapped my knuckles to it, after some time the door unlocked and I was greeted by,

A monster.

Perhaps he could see my panic because before I could make any motion to my kids he looked at me and bowed apologetically,

"I have no raging taste for revenge as those in which the humans describe us."

I was fearful.
But I need my daughter.
If not her at least the closure she is rested now.

"Have you seen a girl with white and red hair, tan skin, purple eyes, glasses, and jackal ears and a tail..."
Funny enough those like the "monster's" own pair.

"Femi?"

"You have her!? Is she well? Is she upset? Is she safe?"

"Yes, I found her after this town was abandoned, she begged for her father I didn't know what to say so I just promised I was sure he would return, so long as she was well."

"Please, I beg of you please take me to her!"

He grabbed my hand, I motioned to Atlas and Lotus to follow.

"Who are those you have there?"

"Oh,Atlas and Lotus..."

"Is it jusr you raising the three?"

"Yes...My husband was infected..."
He looked at me for a moment, "I remember being alive, I had a husband...though I never got to meet our kids..."

"Oh...That's terrible..."

"Hehe...You grow used to it all over time..."

"What was your name when you were alive?"

"Inpu. What is yours?" And please before we continue you and kids may rest your bags."

"Oh thank you, that name is quite...never mind...my name is Bryan..."

He stopped in his tracks,
"By any chance did you say "Inpu" was familiar?"

"Yes...That was my husband's name...But I didn't wish to load such on you after all you are doing."

"Bryan?"
He meet Bryan's eyes, "Bryan Aphrodite?"

"Anubis..." he weakly muttered out, it angered him when the village people inferred they were no longer bonded.

They both just looked at each other, processing what the other said.

Soon tears fell down both's cheeks.

"And Femi is well with you..."

He leaned in and kissed his husband,

"I would fear the day I bury my own child..."
Inpu took his hand, much tighter, holding on almost begging Bryan would stay.

"The Fates do enjoy a good show."
—————————————

"—————————————