🧸Cicadas⚜️

Thx to TheDarkOne24
—————————————

—————————————Your nothing but prey for a bird, to live in a cycle that will never change, stuck with your face and perfect fates, and just like the cycles the fates are all the same

—————————————
Your nothing but prey for a bird, to live in a cycle that will never change, stuck with your face and perfect fates, and just like the cycles the fates are all the same.

Your fuel for a dead man, the cycle made by one who is seemingly mad. The world is nothing in comparison to time with a lover, but is it truly worth the people?

Perhaps it is.
Those who have never found love would argue it wasn't, but those who have fallen into the softest of feelings, into the deepest of love would understand the desire it leaves engraved within you.

This cycle was better though, not as vicious as the rest, you see this town is on the outskirts and is long been cursed for it's betrayal. These was the nicest the gods had been, so despite the barrier that kept them from true freedom, despite the cycles of rules and people, they carried on without complaint.

Few remember the betrayal, many can visit and even leave, it's a curse to the people, for freedom to be so far. Though their current watcher wasn't often physically there, they well knew how seriously he took the job.

One day the man returned, he had children this time, all of which had some reflection of him. The people cheered, the vicious cycle would be over, it would still be a cycle and strict rules but they would stay in the bloodline of the kindest to them.

All had cheered and celebrated, expect for an older woman, who survived all those years of betrayal and punishment. She ramble on of an tale of old.

"Once the body comes to sight, only traitors blood may suffice."

Yet she was blacklisted by the people, but the ruler knew empathy, so she lived to keep hidden even greater a secret. They didn't listen. Why didn't they listen?

The ruler had long kept the body of his beloved in a garden, in a beautiful glass coffin, even after years of being so cold his beauty remained untouched. The people were shocked to see the body being taken from the town.

They didn't listen.

Why didn't they listen?

To this day only the deities, their descendants, and the old woman know the truth of what happened that day.

But the people of the underworld did hold high regard for their pharaohs, even their children.

And many adored the beloved consort.

...

They didn't listen.
Why didn't they listen?
—————————————

Why didn't they listen?—————————————