🌊Debt Unpaid🤍

"As I breathe into our silence
There's a voice that comforts me. It's a voice of understanding. It's the voice of empathy"

This is like a week after the trident thing.
—————————————

—————————————A knock on the door spooked Atlas, at camp Atlas didn't care to join

—————————————
A knock on the door spooked Atlas, at camp Atlas didn't care to join. It was just him and Inpu, so the knock had to be his dad, he walked over and clicked open the door. He was right, it was his father...

They had never spent much time together, despite how much Atlas hated it he also understood, he was a child not an idiot.

"Yeah Dad?"

"Can we talk?"

"Sure?"

He let his father in, Atlas sat on the bed, he noticed his father continued to stand,
"Do you wanna come sit?" He moved over towards his pillows. Inpu seemed to force himself to sit by his son.

"I'm sorry."

Atlas sat there dumbfounded, he didn't hate his father, he did hate himself though. He hated how he was born, he loved his other father but he hated knowing that he caused his father so much pain.

"You and your siblings deserved a much better father, I'm sorry I failed to be that."

Atlas didn't know how to respond, he didn't know how felt.

"Don't worry. I don't expect just a sorry to fix my mistakes but you deserve some verbal and emotional closure. I'll let you collect your thoughts." He hugged Atlas and left reluctantly but much less stressed.

Atlas wanted to cry.

He was happy but confused, he got an apology but he didn't know how accept it, he did, but he couldn't verbalize how much he longed for a chance to fix their relationship.

He remembered after the trident accident hugging his father, it was tight, so safe...
He had only realized just how envious he was his siblings for not triggering their father in the way he did.

Night came, Atlas was still so emotional. He decided to go outside, it helped to sit on the patio and watch the moths and firefly's, he liked them the most. Especially moths, to be so close to light than be so far right how it comes to your grasp. Nothing compared to their relative...a butterfly.

"We both have a habit of meeting this way."

He jumped a bit, than settled to embarrassment when he realized it was his father,

"Could you not sleep?"
He nodded his head softly
If he spoke it would all spill out. He needed to find some word to express this emotion though,

"Thank you."

Atlas wanted to throw himself down the stairs. A heartfelt apology and all he could muster was thank you?!

"I didn't do it for thanks, but if insist than, you're welcome." His father had a small smile, Atlas felt himself laugh.

Shit. He just ruined it his laugh was so much like...his other father. Yet all he heard was a soft chuckle has his father sat by him.

"Really Atlas, I'm sorry and I love you, I always have."

Atlas laid on his father shoulder, a moth landed on his noise, like one expect a butterfly to do...

"I love you too Dad."
—————————————
Does this make sense?
Probably not.
I'll probably rewrite it but I didn't wanna loose the idea

Love y'all 💛