Two- Replaced by the Mate

(Amazing cover at the side by cuddle_teddy)

Chapter two- Replaced by the mate.

Daniel's P.O.V.

'Why did you do that? She's our mate.' My wolf complained with a growl that resonated inside my head. I could feel the anger and irritation coming off him. But ignorance is bliss, and that's what I did. 

'Go back to her.' He demanded.

"I'm sorry Daniel. I didn't know what went wrong with my sister. She's not usually like this." Dave apologized for his sister, my mate.

'You should be the one apologizing.' My wolf growled again but I ignored him, again.

"It's okay, Dave. I don't mind." I dismissed him. He seemed unsure and stared at me for a few seconds as if to see if I was lying. Well, she was his sister, his only family. Who'd he trust more - him or her?

I kept my poker face on until he looked away.

'You will pay for this one day.' My wolf said again.

'That day won't come. I'm going to mark Shea tonight. She will be my mate. We won't be alone so shut up. You will be thankful to me once you realize that Shea is so much better than Sera.' I told him and he growled in protest.

I'm throwing a party tonight, it's my birthday, and a useless fight with my wolf is the last thing I want, especially when I'm going to shift tonight. Shea is going to help me and Sera will be out of the picture forever.

Sera's P.O.V.

"Daniel's birthday party was awesome." I heard a girl say in the hallways. I didn't want to hear anything about him but I couldn't help myself. Yesterday, that boy didn't even acknowledge that I was his mate.

"Yeah, it was the best part of the century. His parents were there when he announced Shea as his mate. She's so lucky." Another one joined.

My heart broke hearing those words. So he decided that Shea was his mate and I was not. I can't believe it. He is such a jerk. How can he reject his own mate and go for another girl? Doesn't he know that I'm here alone while he is bonding with another wolf?

"Hey Sera. Are you okay?" Manny asked and I nodded my head.

After what happened yesterday, the sleepover was cancelled. I wanted to spend time alone to forget everything but nothing helped. I cried myself to sleep. Dark bags under my eyes revealed how long and torturous that sleep had been.

There was a sudden silence in the hallway and I became alert.

"I guess we should leave now." Manny said hastily and started pulling me.

"What the hell, Manny?" I followed her but my eyes managed to fall on the new couple or should I say the future Alpha and Luna walking hand in hand with smiles on their faces.

At least one of us is happy. I thought, ignoring that tears that started to pool in my eyes.

Time flew agonizingly slow. Every passing day was like a stabbing pain in my heart. Daniel didn't even reject me. He plainly refused to believe I was his mate.

I didn't know what to feel. Relieved, because I don't have to spend the rest of my life with a bastard like him, or sad, because he doesn't find me worthy enough.

Dave had started spending more time with Daniel for pack business. Beta only had a daughter, who is not eligible to hold an important position yet, and Daniel is planning to make Dave his Beta. It's an achievement and I'm happy for him. He can't spend more time at home now and is mostly at the main house of the pack.

Now Daniel is keeping my own brother away from me.

Dave would call me every night and I'd tell him everything is okay. When he asked me about the whole mate thing, I told him it was my fault, and that created a rift between us. I didn't want his position of future Beta to be snatched away because I was miserable. He deserved the best and I would give it to him. I would protect him as long as I'm alive.

I had to see Daniel and Shea in school hand in hand with a smile on my face. He never even looked at me. This hurt me even more. Every night I'd cry myself to sleep. I could hardly see Dave at school and when I did, he would make sure to talk to me.

Manny was always there for me. I didn't talk about my mate to her and she also didn't push me for it. She'd try to make me happy but my happiness was long gone.

"It's your birthday next week." I heard Manny say and smiled weakly at her. I've started looking more like a corpse recently.

"What have we planned..." I didn't listen to her rant anymore.

What am I going to do for my birthday? My mate has already refused me. There's nothing I'm waiting for. Only a transformation to my wolf which will definitely kill me because I won't have my mate with me. Other wolves can help me transform but he should be the one who'll become my future mate and mark me.

I don't think I'll find anyone here. And I don't have any great urge to continue my life. There's only Dave I care for. Once he finds his mate, he will also forget me.

A plan formed in my brain.

At home, I took a piece of paper and a pen.

Dear Dave,

I always wanted to be a good sister to you. All these years have been awesome to me just because of you. I wanted to tell you that I've found my mate and he's a rogue. He can't stay here so I'm leaving with him. I'm sorry I won't be there for your seventeenth birthday.

I hope you find the best mate ever.

I love you.

Your sister,
Sera

After writing that short note, I picked up my bag and filled with my clothes and money. I couldn't take much and left most of it for Dave. I can't take anything much with me, after all, I'm going to die in a week. My seventeenth birthday will be the last day of my life.
********************* *********************************

Please vote and comment.

:)