Three- Meeting the Stranger

Chapter three- Meeting the Stranger

I took a bus to somewhere. I didn't know where my destination was but it was thousands of miles away from my pack. Being rogue for a week now, I have travelled as far from the pack as possible. I want to be at the farthest place from my pack when I die.

To say my back and legs were sore after the journey of a whole week would be an understatement. Everything ached but it didn't matter.

Today is my birthday. I'm going to die today.

I won't be able to see my wolf. She hasn't talked to me. The only signs of existence she ever showed were the one when I found Daniel was my mate. After that incident, she had gone into a coma.

But my body feels a little more energetic today.

The bus stopped at an unknown place. It was already evening and I couldn't shift into my werewolf inside the bus so I stepped out.

The place was like a small village with small houses at either side of the road. I hardly found any building here. I walked away from the village and towards the forest where I doubt will be wolves, not werewolves, I hope.

Either way, I'm going to die so what's the problem.

I made my way towards a cliff which provided the most beautiful view I had ever seen. There was a large water body down there which I wonder if it was a river or a sea because I couldn't see far in the night. The moon was shining on the top of it. Water was reflecting coldness of full moon that soothed all the upheaval of my heart.

This is the place I choose to die. What can be more perfect than this? To die in this beauty is a pleasure.

"Who are you?" a voice asked and I turned my head so quickly that it almost hurt.

My eyes fell on a figure standing under the shadows. I could tell he was not a human. He didn't smell like human blood. He smelt different. Not just different. He didn't smell at all.

"I'm Sera Winters," I answered coolly. Feeling fear was the last thing in my mind before I died.

"A werewolf," He growled at me. It was not a werewolf growl. It sounded most like a human. But he didn't smell like one. I guess my olfactory indicators are not working today.

"Yeah," I shrugged casually.

The man in shadows finally stepped towards me. Moonlight fell on his face any my eyes widened in awe.

"Wow," I breathed.

He was a walking specimen of Adonis. I won't be wrong if I say he looked hotter than Daniel. He had shining green eyes which matched mine or even more exotic. He was not muscular like Daniel, neither did he have a tan. His pale skin looked extremely beautiful and enchanting under the moonlight. Midnight dark hair rested atop the beautiful head. They were also shining under the moonlight. For a moment I thought I was dreaming.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a stern voice. That voice sounded sexier after he had shown his pretty face. I can't believe such pretty creatures exist on earth.

"What are you?" I asked mostly in daze ignoring his question.

"I asked you first." He argued.

"I won't answer until you answer my question." I countered. He was not a human and neither a werewolf. I wanted to know what he was exactly.

He chuckled darkly that made the hair on my back stand straight. Maybe I asked the wrong question. But why should I fear anyone before my death?

"You know you are in my land?" He asked raising his perfect dark eyebrow at me. Rest of his features were still stern.